May be fiddly with 17s, wide looks are normally done on mk3s with 16s and a wider wheel as they will give the right amount of tyre/arch clearance, often by having abit of stretch in the tyres so you can get away with a narrower tyre for what should really be on the wheel

I have the 17x7.5 and a 45mm drop and wouldnt want them any further out from the hub as they would definatly catch the arch under load or over bumps

215/40/r17 mate

205s will fit aswell but thats streched. And to if you will have any rubbing depends on et but as your not low you should be ok

Nah-im running 205's on my 8" rims and the stretch is minimal. Plus the 205 tyre is cheaper...

215/40/r17 mate

205s will fit aswell but thats streched. And to if you will have any rubbing depends on et but as your not low you should be ok

Nah-im running 205's on my 8" rims and the stretch is minimal. Plus the 205 tyre is cheaper...

you know what i mean. 215s are wider tho. think my goodyears where £60 each. Im from sutton mate. Go up hams now and again but havn't realy gone up the tracks.. Is it any good up there?