VR Road tax ???

Stealth Tax

UK motorists are already struggling under the spiralling burden of fuel duty, insurance premiums and annual road tax.

They pay about £65 billion in various motoring taxes annually, according to the AA.

The average car insurance premium is more than £822, the highest since records began.

the new tax system dont make sense to me. so the cars that are new then march 2001 are going to be classed depending on the CO2. So next march im going to pay £210 tax for my vr6 while my mate is going to pay £300 for his civic type-r. Surely my vr6 is more enviromental unfriendly then my mates type-r. not that im complaining but just dont make sense. Also people that own cars such as evo's..scooby..etc will be paying the same amount of tax as people who own 6 litre lambos and bently GT's. confused government.

The environment really doesn't have anything to do with it. Look at the bandings. When you go from 110g/km of CO2 to 120g/km of CO2, your road tax goes up by a tenner. But when you go from 180g/km to 190g/km - the SAME increment - your tax goes up by £55!! Even though the environmental impact of the two actions is EXACTLY THE SAME!

Labour just use the words "green" and "environmental" to describe ANY policy that financially clobbers motorists.

Anyone who voted for these con artists should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Anyone who didn't vote, when they could have voted against them, should be even more ashamed.

very good point matey, so next time round lets all go vote for the opposition and get these, idiotic, moronic, mumbling, bumbling fools out of power!!!

if not in 5 years, when everything inside the m25 is incremented congestion charge, all major motorways are pay as you drive, and petrol os £2:00 a litre.....don't say you werent warned about it on vr6oc.com!!!!!!

older cars such as mk3's are still going on engine size, but the prices are still going up unfortunately, as of 2010 it will be £110 for 6 months tax. (i only buy 6 monthly as i never have enough spare to get the full 12 months!)

Volkswagen Golf Hatchback (92-98)

2.8 VR6 3d

Rates effective from 13 March 2008

Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band

1 Feb 1992 – 21 May 1998 £101.75 £185.00

Rates effective from March 2009

1 Feb 1992 – 21 May 1998 £101.75 £185.00

Rates effective from March 2010

1 Feb 1992 – 21 May 1998 £110.00 £200.00