thermostat housing replacement. Any nightmares?

had a garage nr me refuse to do the jod, as he says the allen bolts holding the plastic housing onto the engine block can shear off, and it could end up a nightmare for him..

anyone had issues, or got any been there done that tips for me to have a go myself?

cheers

Hi,

more likely to round off, like what happened to me. So tip one is to liberally use some good penetrating spray, such as plus-gas - WD-40 just doesn't cut it -, before hand and get a good quality allen bit.

Removing the battery gives you more space to work, and will be a must if you do round the bolts off and end up having to drill them out.

Once it's loose be careful not to snap the end of the 'crack' pipe which goes across the front of the engine as you remove it.

Good luck, if I can do it anyone can ;-)

TG

Give the bolts a good spray for a few days before you tackle the job, should give it plenty of time to loosen everything up. Make sure you have all the new seals for the 3 sensors across the front of it aswell and put a little bit of grease on the seals before re-fitting

And that you have 2 bottles of G12+ to refill the system, 1 doesnt make up enough coolant from what I can remember