Mark.

312mm brake conversion (TT setup) write up / DIY

after doing a bit of searching thinking it could be a combi of badly settled pad (the outside one that sits in the carrier) and the brake shield. sound about right?

i'll come to the other sound when i can have a proper look

does any one know the dimentions of the spacer, length, width and distance between hole centers?

Planning making them up at work (in angola) and dont have access to the carriers atm to measure.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Need some help please. Want to do this upgrade & have read most of the threads regarding it.Got a 97 Highline with 288mm discs & from what I have read I can do this upgrade using the existing calipers with new carriers & the bigger discs.

My car is currently at The Phrim & I am sure that they said that I cannot use my current calipers & I need the ones off a TT.

Can anyone clarify this please?

Thanks,

Zak

i bought mine of EBAY and the bloke supplied 6mm thick washers and high tensile bolts for an extra £10 they work very well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-312mm-front-Brake-calipers-and-carriers_W0QQitemZ320398918850QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a994384c2&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|293%3A1|294%3A50

PLUS £10 for the washers and bolts

So is anyone sure if the factory 15inch bbs' will or won't fit?

read the original post. but in short NO they will not fit. general rule of thumb is you need 16" wheels or bigger, i know some 15s do fit but the majority dont.

OE 15s will not fit.........some 16s wont fit as I had Borbet T ET15 and they caught. My Porsche rims fit but the have adapters to help clear caliper.

Also Comp MO fit in 15s i think ET25 ro 20 cant remember

i dont know how many times it needs to be said 15 INCH WHEELS WILL NOT WORK!!! spacing the wheels wont work either, the simple fact is the disc and caliper are too big to fit inside a huge majority of 15inch wheels.

FACTORY 15" WHEELS WILL NOT WORK