312mm brake conversion (TT setup) write up / DIY

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before you do anything, braided hoses.

First off, Im not trying to piss on any previous DIY guides been done before by users of this forum, Just i found as a total new to 312mm setup i found it hard getting the answers to certain questions

i dont know how many times it needs to be said 15 INCH WHEELS WILL NOT WORK!!! spacing the wheels wont work either, the simple fact is the disc and caliper are too big to fit inside a huge majority of

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used mk4 caliper and carrier. Mk3 disc. All 288 as I only had 280 discs on. And currently stuck with 15" wheels. I only had to space it out by about 2.5 mm using washers as the mk3 discs don't sit out as much. Got the flexis from Tps as they come with banjos needed.

hi m8 just need a little help from you ive got a obd1 and it has the 280mm brake setup and i need to know what brake hoses i can use the brakes where off a mk4 golf v6 4 motion i don't think i can use these hoses

I used mk4 caliper and carrier. Mk3 disc. All 288 as I only had 280 discs on. And currently stuck with 15" wheels. I only had to space it out by about 2.5 mm using washers as the mk3 discs don't sit out as much. Got the flexis from Tps as they come with banjos needed.

hi m8 just need a little help from you ive got a obd1 and it has the 280mm brake setup and i need to know what brake hoses i can use the brakes where off a mk4 golf v6 4 motion i don't think i can use these hoses

you can use the mk4 hoses i think? you need the banjo style which is what the mk4 has and the obd2 mk3s.

as for the bolts. you can use the original bolts but with the spacer obviously not as much thread is catching so its up to yourselves if you want to do that but ive heard of people running it with no problem

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...