312mm brake conversion (TT setup) write up / DIY

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before you do anything, braided hoses.

First off, Im not trying to piss on any previous DIY guides been done before by users of this forum, Just i found as a total new to 312mm setup i found it hard getting the answers to certain questions

i dont know how many times it needs to be said 15 INCH WHEELS WILL NOT WORK!!! spacing the wheels wont work either, the simple fact is the disc and caliper are too big to fit inside a huge majority of

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Need some help please. Want to do this upgrade & have read most of the threads regarding it.Got a 97 Highline with 288mm discs & from what I have read I can do this upgrade using the existing calipers with new carriers & the bigger discs.

My car is currently at The Phrim & I am sure that they said that I cannot use my current calipers & I need the ones off a TT.

Can anyone clarify this please?

Thanks,

Zak

• 4 months later...

i bought mine of EBAY and the bloke supplied 6mm thick washers and high tensile bolts for an extra £10 they work very well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-312mm-front-Brake-calipers-and-carriers_W0QQitemZ320398918850QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a994384c2&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|293%3A1|294%3A50

PLUS £10 for the washers and bolts

• 2 weeks later...

So is anyone sure if the factory 15inch bbs' will or won't fit?

read the original post. but in short NO they will not fit. general rule of thumb is you need 16" wheels or bigger, i know some 15s do fit but the majority dont.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...