VR6 Owners - please help

and ur neighbours will know when u r coming home.

LOL my neighbours said they could hear me coming, I said "oh sorry ill keep the revs down" They said "no no we like it" Haha,

I think you can only get away with it in a VR, If i had corsa with a backbox im sure it would be a different story :)

I do all my driving on town an country roads and get about 25-30! over 30 if i end up following a milk tanker.

never seen less than 24 on the 12 mile run to work even if i floor it. :)

The apprentice mechanic that works for me has a 1.2 corsa with no silencer and he gets the same mpg, lmao. mind you, he screams it everywhere, no need to do that with a v6. Its easy to drive it without going past 3000 revs if you are after fuel consumption, as on mine thats when the power kicks in. I always tell the wife to change at 3000. ;) However, its difficult to resist the temptation.

Phat, If you had a corse with a backbox on it Im sure someone would have put you out of your misery by now!!! :)

You dont need to thrash the bits and pieces off of a VR, that is the beauty of them, the torque!!

They just pull, and pull, and pull and......

I use mine for a 50 mile round trip to and from work plus weekend and evenings, with a mixture of motorway and smaller roads (when I want a bit of fun) and my average is around 24-27 and alot of the time although I do use the Torque there are also times when you forget to change gear until it sees red, ooops....

Just get the car, insure it, drive it, enjoy it but dont drive it like a 17 year old with a corsa and a backbox!!!! :)

One thing I will bet my life on is that you will never look back after owning one.

Is it Partial VW service of independant garage history?

How much history?

Rust? Leather? condition of interior?

I paid £3200 for my 98 Highline, Black, good condition on the exterior, and leather was very good, it had 104,000 miles on it with partial history, mostly VW up to about 2 years ago.

Your price sounds about right, have you looked at autotrader to see what they are going for?

Alot of VR's are stated as good condition or very good condition but are in actual fact pieces of crap, damp, damaged, rusty, where the previous owners just wanted a fast car but couldnt afford to keep it up to scratch, just be prepared to keep your pride and joy in good condition and it will serve you well and fetch a good price on resell, they are quickly becoming classics now.