permatex copper gasket spray

Hi' date='

Im fitting a 3 layer high compression Metal head gasket , Should i use this stuff aswell or is it just for turbo charged motors,

Mines standard? Surpose it can't do anythink wrong!

[/quote']

why are you doing this if your not going super/turbo??

Sorry, I meant to say spray the permatex on 4 sides, so both gasket parts on the grey side and both sides of the spacer.

That should sort you out nicely.

For what it's worth, Stealth had a problem with the last few engines they built with oil seeping out of the head above the pulleys. That's a common leak point, but using a Victor Reinz gasket (Stealth used Elring) and the permatex, mine's been fine, but a lot of it is down to prepping. A skimmed head and thoroughly sanded block face stands a better chance of a total seal.

Hi' date='

Im fitting a 3 layer high compression Metal head gasket , Should i use this stuff aswell or is it just for turbo charged motors,

Mines standard? Surpose it can't do anythink wrong!

[/quote']

why are you doing this if your not going super/turbo??

Hello,

Its a high compression gasket not low compression, Im not fitting a spacer! Fitting this as you probaly know would not be good for a turbo ect,

Im fitting this as my gasket is leaking coolant so needed changing anyway. I was under the impression that these gaskets are more reliable and a higher compression on a standard engine would be an improvment to throttle response and possibly a tad bhp but im not exspecting any, Higher compression also works better with NOS which im planning on doing to give me some cheep high bhp untill im older when Im going to turbo it!

im guessing you read it wrong and thought i was making low compression

(Stealth used Elring)

Thats the one they sent me Kev :-( , They could have told me. Oh well! What you recon? Should I risk it or change to the gaskit to the one your using. Dont want to do the job agian and it isn't very good if they leak. I'll be getting the head skimed and sanding my block with 600grit.

What you recon anyway, How much did yours cost, I donno how much i payed for this, did it with the card without asking lol

cheers for the help Tom

(Stealth used Elring)

Thats the one they sent me Kev :-( ' date=' They could have told me. Oh well! What you recon? Should I risk it or change to the gaskit to the one your using. Dont want to do the job agian and it isn't very good if they leak. I'll be getting the head skimed and sanding my block with 600grit.

What you recon anyway, How much did yours cost, I donno how much i payed for this, did it with the card without asking lol

cheers for the help Tom

[/quote']

Change it, i've had the same problem before with the Elring ones, the victor reinz ones are about £35 iirc.

I wouldn't reccomend 600grit either, you'll end up polishing it, which isn't good. It still needs to be a bit rough, ideally like a freshly honed bore.

Yep, that's true. I found that out myself yesterday when I was at Stealth.

BUT.... the Elring ones sold as 'Elring' have a thin purple/red coating on them. The ones they supply to Reinz don't appear to have a coating and the Permatex bonds to it better.

One thing is for sure..... if the head is not flat alongside cyls 1 and 2, it'll never seal. Use some JB weld or get it alloy filled and machined back.