Hayward and Scott exhaust

Has anyone on on here got one? I got a quote from them today for a 100cpi cat and system as ive wanted one ever since I saw a scooby one and it was a work of art. They said they'd made a few for VR6's and they would need the car for 4 days!! I was expecting around £750 until that point

£1200!!!!!! :o

Im still tempted though, bloody car!!! :-d

H & S do have a good reputation but I think their prices need coming back down to earth. £1200 for a simple Golf exhaust is ridiculous.

Plenty of off the shelf products will do the same job flow wise, which may not look as good or last as long, but you can buy 3 of them for the price of one H & S system!

Just noticed you are in East Hill, Colchester Jon..... you're 5 mins from me. Never knew you existed until today.

I think I'll have to pop down and check out what goodies you've got!

They need to come down in ££££ a fair bit, but, im a sucker for the right sound hahaha

What do they sound like, the scooby ones bring out a mettalic rasp sound, bit like an M3 which is what im after, but I cant really be arsed with a 6-branch as they seem more hassle that they are worth, mind you the Dubpower mani looks like it may have away round the usual problems with its flexi joint, but it is twice the price

H & S do have a good reputation but I think their prices need coming back down to earth. £1200 for a simple Golf exhaust is ridiculous.

Plenty of off the shelf products will do the same job flow wise' date=' which may not look as good or last as long, but you can buy 3 of them for the price of one H & S system!

Just noticed you are in East Hill, Colchester Jon..... you're 5 mins from me. Never knew you existed until today.

I think I'll have to pop down and check out what goodies you've got!

[/quote']

Hey Kev, we don't actually have a shop i'm afraid, just somewhere to keep stock at the moment. The things we sell aren't really of much interest to your average person walking down the high street :-d

Its something we constantly think about, but at the moment we'd like to keep our costs as low as possible, so we stay extremely competitive.

They need to come down in ££££ a fair bit' date=' but, im a sucker for the right sound hahaha

What do they sound like, the scooby ones bring out a mettalic rasp sound, bit like an M3 which is what im after, but I cant really be arsed with a 6-branch as they seem more hassle that they are worth, mind you the Dubpower mani looks like it may have away round the usual problems with its flexi joint, but it is twice the price

[/quote']

Sounds like youd definatly be better off getting a generic stainless system as the H and S system won't sound any better, so you wasting your money imo.

Get a Miltek for vfm imo.

Don't worry about a 6 branch for noise as imo, they make a worse noise with them on.

Hey Kev' date=' we don't actually have a shop i'm afraid, just somewhere to keep stock at the moment. The things we sell aren't really of much interest to your average person walking down the high street :-d

Its something we constantly think about, but at the moment we'd like to keep our costs as low as possible, so we stay extremely competitive.

[/quote']

No worries.

I think what you're doing is great as it takes the pain of shipping and customs away, something British buyers seem afraid of!

You're bringing in the right parts too :-)

You've definitely cornered a market there, certainly in the Anglia region anyway. I've been using US suppliers for a while now and the choice of parts is bewildering, much better than the UK! Had I known about you 2 years ago it would have been easier, but I enjoy dealing with US suppliers anyway as they're a friendly and knowledgable bunch!

Just noticed you are in East Hill' date=' Colchester Jon..... you're 5 mins from me.

[/quote']

Didn't know you were in Colchester as well... you should come along to a meet http://phatdubs.co.uk/phatdubs/Home.html

I live just outside of Colchester, but work very close to the town centre.

Yeah I'll have to try and make a meet sometime!

that price is hectic for an exhaust.. u pay that amount in South Africa..or maybe a bit more than that, but it's in RANDS..which equals cheap 4 u guys..it will cost u if u convert to pounds round about 350 pounds for top quality performance pipes

To be fair I think H&S were pulling your chain Xyber to see if you were serious enough. Many people won't pay £600 for an exhaust, let alone twice that!

I rang them last year for a quote on a turbo back 3" system and would have been £700, which considering how much of a pain in the arse downpipes and wastegate dump tubes can be, I thought that was very reasonable.

Where they got £1200 from for a free flow cat and 2 box system is a mystery, I paid $149 (£75!!) for a 3" V banded Cat from ATP!! It may not be up to H&S's standards but I only need it for an hour once a year :-)

Here it is.......Vagworx could probably import it for you, They do then in smaller bores too - http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-MDP-004&Category_Code=BCS

I was wondering if they were trying that TBH, Thing that really rules it out tho is loosing the car for a few days, as id have to drop the car, get home a few hundred miles, then do it all again a few days later.

Im interested in a supersprint set up aswell, annoying thing is though, you dont know what it sounds like. We should make a library on you tube so people can go through and listen to roughly what they sound like before buying

BTW whats your BORLA like? I was looking around their site the other day along with the BASTUCK site as ive heard good things about them aswell

TBH I just fancy something out of the norm! haha

Hmmmm, youve only got 2 boxes. maybe I should get a box deleted and try that b4 spending out?

Ive just this second found out that my respray has been resheduled...To next week! Ive got a million and one calls to make tomorrow now! That put the exhaust on hold for a few weeks

Thing that really rules it out tho is loosing the car for a few days.

Yeah that put me off aswell. My car is a daily and 4 days off the road would be a bit inconvenient!

Im interested in a supersprint set up aswell' date=' annoying thing is though, you dont know what it sounds like. We should make a library on you tube so people can go through and listen to roughly what they sound like before buying[/quote']

The Supersprint sounds lovely and fits perfectly, but quite restrictive for forced induction as it's only 2.25" bore.

BTW whats your BORLA like? I was looking around their site the other day along with the BASTUCK site as ive heard good things about them aswell

The actual exhaust is made by Techtonics' date=' using Borla silencers.

Borla have a good reputation in America and I can see why as their silencers are very quiet and flow very well. It's the quickest exhaust I've fitted as well, very easy! Magnaflow are good too and they have a UK outlet.

Not sure you'd like my exhaust though as it has a plain round 2.5" tailpipe. Nothing fancy! I like that though as people following think it's a 1.8 Corrado or something and I've taken the VR6 badges off aswell :-)

TBH I just fancy something out of the norm! haha

How about a side exit made of titanium?! :-)

Xyber ' date=' you could try JKM in portsmouth. I had a custom 2.5 System made £500. it sounds and fits perfect. :)

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1197656045_2420_FT210252_2.5_exhaust.jpg']1197656045_2420_FT210252_2.5_exhaust_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1197656092_2420_FT210252_new_exhaust_2.5_large.jpg]1197656092_2420_FT210252_new_exhaust_2.5_large_.jpg[/lightbox]

Jesus thats clean