Someone help with this?

Worried that it could be the head gasket? My coolant levels up and down…. I’ll drive the car, check the coolant and it will be ok. Another day I’ll drive the car and coolant levels low and I’ll fill it up…… other days I’ll drive and the coolant warning light comes up, check and its empty. But when u undo the cap, seems to be hell of a lot of pressure and it fills up.

Noticed a lot of steam from the exhaust, some days its ok another day it’s bad.

Bought new coolant bottle and 2 new caps, still have the same problem. Checked the coolant bottle for oil and its clear with no trace of oil mixing with the coolant.

Noticed abit of mayo under the oil cap, have read that vr6 suffers from condensation

Any one have any ideas? Or had this? Thanks

mayo usually means its on the way out unfortunately. Have you tried running the engine with the coolant bottle top off...could be an air lock. Give all the pipes a good squeeze as the engine comes up to temp (whilst the lids off)

It does sound like head gasket but most garages should be able to test it for you for a small fee mate just to be sure and it only takes 10 mins to check if engine hasnt got to warm.and yes vr6s do condensate up a bit and get mayo in cap specially if only used on short journeys but generally only a thin creamy layer if its quite thick then it would again suggest head gasket and you should get done sooner rather than later because it will be seriously messing with the viscosity of your oil and can cause some bad damage.Carl.