[moved] Few pics of my car at last, Before the start of a project

Here are a few pics of my car. Feel free to give your opinion of it.

You've probably heard me asking lots of questions and now you can see what I’m doing. There are pictures of the car before I started work, and now in its current state, i.e no engine, wheels, brakes etc getting striped down for a full respray.

I’ve taken the car off the road to do all the work I want to in one go. Starting from the engine bay.

Engine bay

Fully chromed engine bay, Twin circuit motor sport pedal box front to back biased thus getting rid of ABS pump etc, Washer jet bottle relocated in the boot along with lightweight battery. Both N/S and O/S chassis legs plated it for smoothed look, All wiring loom hidden in chassis legs. Top fill radiator, Gearbox painted black with chrome bolts and chrome endplate, Unsure of colour of hoses but probably red

Bullet proof engine, Rotex charger and charge cooler (will be fitted after its back on the road)

Outside

2 slat de-badge grill, Boot welded up, number plate in rear screen, Know badges and know wiper, Carbon fibre bonnet painted on outer edges up to line with centre left unpainted, Single wiper, smoothed door handles, Smoothed front bumper with know fogs/ indicator, VR front splitter, Rear bumper smoothed with bottem extended 1" buy wheel going to 1/2" buy exhaust leaving middle standard, DTM scorpion exhaust, Know indicators on wings, Petrol filler cap removed relocated to rear window, Pulled and flared arches, Side skirts removed with sills smoothed, Manual wing mirrors (light weight) with line smoothed, All glass removed back to metal respary with Perspex in doors, New weld in arch on O/S due to rust and new door and rear 1/4 on O/S due to crap driving. lol, New wings due to rust. Mk4 in-pro headlights, unsure of rear lights yet.

Inside

Audi TT dashboard, Mk4 door cars, Lightweight race buckets, red harness and full red roll cage, Unsure of colour but full retrim in leather, What bay/tan! Momo team steering wheel.

Chassis

Supersport coil-overs (already fitted) drilled disks all round, Green stuff pads, red callipers, braded lines (already fitted) Polly bushes all round, One day I want Porsche brakes all round but that will be after its back on the road. The wheels seen 17*8.5" but with 10mm spacers on the front and 13mm on the back. Altho the wheels will probaly change a few times.

The reason im doing this now is because the old bill took my MOT off me due to having a damaged side wall from wheel to arch contact (before I rolled my archs) and my front two tyres where on 1.6mm. Bit gutting realy as I was going to change all the tyres in the next few days! And while off the road I thought it was a good time to do all the work i wanted to. Just waiting to rent a unit now to start my back to metal respray and im buying a MK1 caddy pickup as my daily driver. Probaly just slam it flip the rear axal and put some nice 13"/14" deep dich steelies on it.

Im not going to be doing a step by step guide but will post photos of what im doing and leave information and where I get things and how much its costing for thos whos intested

Hope you all injoy and im sure ill be asking more questions lol

mycardank2.jpg

mycardank.jpg

Lens MK2 before the crash (Used to loved driving round in transit, My VR purring and his Mk2 poping and back firing)

melensdubs2.jpg

Thats me the little geezz lol

meandmydub.jpg

backofmelensdubs.jpg

dankdubsdrive2.jpg

Dubs on the drive

danksdubsaids.jpg

VR6engine4.jpg

VR6engine5.jpg

Rear 1/4 damage and door

VR6engine7.jpg

VR6engine8.jpg

VR6engine3.jpg

And a few pics of my old 1.4 with VR6 brakes, coilovers ect Loved that car wish I still had it (crashed it into a smart car been young lol, Round a blind corner somone pulled out on my mate causing him to stop, when I got round the corner going very fast, he didn't have it brake lights on, few seconds of wtf, managed to slow down alot but not enuff, could have been alot worse!!) I learnt from that one and carmed down abit, desided to take lairy driving to track days.

redmk3dank.jpg

Roadtrip.jpg

redmk3-1.jpg

endofmk3.jpg

Cheers people,

Nope its not a highline, With all the work I had planned for it I didn't see much point, apart from the added value. Saying that if I could aforded one probaly would have.

Cheers for the comment, Nice black VR you got there your self. Just a shame about keeping them clean