juust bought a early cheep golf vr6 ,some turbo info needed ,and will it eat my type1 beetle?

hi all just bought a 3dr vr6 rabbit golf all upratted discs,supspion,chiped alloys,etc for 400 due to the head gasket blown ,,which i thought was cheep conpaired to others ive seen,so can anyone advise me on timing chain /head removeal and re fit ,as im going to turbo the car ,iver orderd a 1.5mm head spacer

3inch v band downpipe

turbo manifold

turbo 2.5 inch pipe set

turbo and inercooler still needed

and unsure wot ecu upgrade i need ,but ill not be c2 tuning as a friend of mine had a few issuises with them ,as im after 400bhp from my 92 obd1 golf vr6?

as ive just done my type1 320bhp 5clyinder turbo bug which will do 12.0/12.5 quarter mile 163mph (scary lol) woudering how the golf t will compair so any infomation specs etc and all ur views woild be very welcome and ill add pics info as i do my conversion ,if u wish to see .

with terminal speeds like that it should be more like 8 seconds. I am sure it is fast but not that fast.

But as you asked yes i am sure you could get a vr6 under 12.5 secs with money spent in the right place. Sticky tyres will be a good start about 9 or 10 inch wide.

hi as td t5 volvo at 225bhp 14.6 seconds and a very big heavy car try a half ton bug with runing 300bhp power to weight ratio is silly ill videos of it too and opics if u dont belive me ,it eats most things on the road as long its in a straight line,ps this speed isnt on a quarter mile run lol i cudnt getout of 3rd gear at 123 mph /runing 1.2bar of boost

cheers ,no its a vauxhall 3.o auto engine modifyed to manual lighternd flywheel,with 2.5 redtop injecton ,remaped ecu,just a home made thow in and go ,ill get some of my resto golf vr6 when it arrives too ,oh and a couple of my oldies here mk3 td and a mk2 gti ,

4r09q8w.jpg

5z6dwlv.jpg

Moderator edit by: Antera309

That bug is awesome. It will be a tough act to follow!

How about a mad engine swap for your VR as well? 3.6 engine out of the Passat R36 hasn't been done in a mk3 yet.....' date=',,,,

[/quote']

3.6 lol im not up on there ive heard of an r32 ,yes id fit one ,its just affording the engine,wireing id make the rest fit ,have u any more info on this

cheers glad u like it just a home made joby ,wireing was a bit of pain, going to have it dyno too ,just hope nothing flys off lol,and heres my new little project but after doing a litle reading on here im worryed i carnt get 400bhp out of this j reg vr6, as its the dizzy type engine ,and my mate said u carnt as u need the coilpack type obd2 as mines the early obd1 ,as ive just orderd,,

upratted rods

1.5mm head spacer

std tdo4e turbo/manfiold

3inch downpipe and v band

large race interccoler

and some 440cc injectors but im worryed i want beablbe to get 400bhp from the engine?any good info and what i need and ill buy it , oh heres the car

2yu0y1u.jpg

I'm not sure what's involved in fitting the 3.6, but I've done quite a bit of research into 3.2 (R32) engine swaps. The only real challenge is having the exhaust manifold fabricated, but by the looks of your beetle, you are already familiar with jobs like this!

ah' date=' that was the car on ebay last week , with a few minor problems...hope it all goes well

[/quote']yes thats right to be honst wish id not botherd what a shed lol ,i cud write a list but there isnt enoegh space on the forium lol ,striped engine 2day ,i think im going to have to remove gearbox to remove the timing chain tensoner,basicly want complete brack and suspension ,so ill strip the car to a shell and acid dip it and start from scratch ,cheers