Courtesy lights no longer working

Hi Folks,

On Friday I had a hands free kit fitted to my 4Motion, ever since my courtesy lights have ceased to function, either on opening the driver or passenger door or when removing the key from the ignition. Whilst I realise that the two events are probably not disconnected, does anyone have the knowledge of the electrical system to diagnose where I should look to try and rectify this before calling the engineer back.

Thanks

Gary

i would not be so sure that the 2 are not connected fella on the back of vw radios they have 3 plugs its been a long time but i think some of the wires in the 3rd plug go to the conveince control unit or they did on passats its been probably 4 years since i worked on vws

Hi, sorry my syntax was a bit over complicated, I understand that the two are very likely related, since before the work it all worked fine and now it doesnt, but thanks for the info about the third plug, can you remember which one or shall I need to look into it and use trial and error. The fault is not a fatal one, just annoying

Cheers