De-badging my 4Motion

Hi All,

A little bit of advice please? I currently park my newly acquired 4Motion out on the street and am a bit worried that some little scrote is going to either damage it or steal it, so I want to remove the obvious badges. The car is a 2001 on a Y plate, so the only badge is on the tailgate; the questions are:

Should I do it?

If I do, are there any tips on how to do it without damaging the paintwork and to make sure I can replace them if I sell the car on?

Thanks

Gary

whenever I've removed badges that are stuck on, all I've done is prise a corner of the badge off with a knife or similar (wrapped in some kitchen roll or something to protect the paintwork just in case), then just carefully pulled the badge off - any sticky stuff left on the paintwork can just be removed with a bit of white spirit. As for removing the badge, only do it if you think there is a chance it will attract unwanted attention where you live, other than that leave it on I reckon

Hi Tobesvw,

Thanks for the reply, I will admit that the existing badging in quite discreet, so I may decide to leave it on, however as I spend a reasonable amount of time away from home leaving my car parked outside on the street I am paranoid that my new baby is going to get nicked whilst I am off on a business trip. Parking in a more secure location is a pain in the a**e as it means I have to get dropped off at the office on the way back from the airport, and that is too close to work (especially on a Friday afternoon).

Anyhow, I will give it some serious thought, thanks again.

Gary

do u not have v6 on the front?

Interestingly I do not have a V6 badge on the front and a subsequent post would suggest that perhaps the badges had been removed earlier as they dont seem to be lined up correctly (perhaps after a respray on the tailgate or no badges in the first place?). Still the log book all adds up so no worries there. I think I will leave them on, just to torment GTI owners!

Are the badges on the back of the VR6 just stuck on? The badges are silver and I'd like to change them to black via a little respray (have done this with the grill badges and have been happy with the results) - so I'd like to remove them, respray then put them back on. So the question is - has anyone else removed and re-applied VR6 badges from the back of their car? If so - how do you do it?

Thanks

Are the badges on the back of the VR6 just stuck on? The badges are silver and I'd like to change them to black via a little respray (have done this with the grill badges and have been happy with the results) - so I'd like to remove them' date=' respray then put them back on. So the question is - has anyone else removed and re-applied VR6 badges from the back of their car? If so - how do you do it?

Thanks

[/quote']

yeah theyre just stuck on

personally i like the badgless look ' date=' and about the nicking thing , most people dont know what a v6 4motion is anyway buddy , very rare car .

[/quote']

Yeah I agree the badges look rubbish, much cleaner without... but since when have 4motions been rare?!!

im just goin on my opinion mate , ive had mine around 2 years and ive only ever seen a handful of others about .

Nearly every mk 4 you see is a tdi or a gti which you see about 20 times a day no matter where you go