jap vs german cars (german gettin dissed) thread

have to disagree with that...

i would say jap cars are more expensive to repair. My friend has a big single supra and its costs him a fortune!

Also the N/A supra is more to insure than the tt version, as the N/A is more accessible to younger drivers.

have to disagree with that...

i would say jap cars are more expensive to repair. My friend has a big single supra and its costs him a fortune!

Also the N/A supra is more to insure than the tt version' date=' as the N/A is more accessible to younger drivers.

[/quote']

I do live in Hong Kong Cav, Japanese cars are as popular here as GM's are in the UK (eg Ford, Vauxhall, Jag's etc) and hence parts and repair are very cheap ;)

I am interested about NA's being more expensive to insure than TT's though, - just seems plain daft to me!

ooooooooppppsss didn't see the location haha... my bad.

parts over here i would say are more expensive, mind you that is on a performance car. I would have a supra if i hadn't seen how much my friend has spent on his :(

ye when he went to buy his first supra, he looked into n/a's and tt's and the result was that because the n/a is so much cheaper (about 3k over here) they are more accessible to drivers so the premium is more.

daft i know!

the japanese are great at making 'fisher price' 'my first pokeyish car' but its so sad they all look so sh*t the kids need to festoon them with fibreglass aero shi*houses, only to discover that.......... they still look shi*. look and see how many chavved up japs there are out there, for sale why? this weeks autotrader has almost hundreds of imprezzas. one vr6. you do the math as the americans would say.

my Vr turned over 180k today and the doors still slam like bank vaults. so f*ck off!

Rob

I gotta say you cant even begin to compare a german car to a jap rice burner! for start you cant get a front bumper off of a 5 year scooby with out all the brackets dropping in half and the bolts ringing off! you dont get that with atwenty year old v dub thats for sure. but you have got to thank the japs for keeping all the muppetts out of decent cars and saving them for us.