Camber adjustment on lowriders, how do u do it?

Hi Guys, ED38 show last weekend was a great turn out, and all the cars there as ever, were top class!! I have a question for all you low riders out there, my mK3 is on coilovers, and when i come to slam it, the camber is put out and wears down the tyres. But how come no garage, can adjust the camber on REALLY low cars. There must be a way, any ideas?

Cheers

N

im looking into this myself im having tyre wear isuses im runnig coil overs quite low and killing my tyres basicly have been lazy and not put it on works 4 wheel aliner . but i have found these to aid adjustnent time http://www.performancealloys.com/loweringkits_springs.asp ( adjustment bolts on page £55 delivered ) 1 of my mate has also talked me into having a go at some sprints next year im also looking into camber adjustment plates that alow fast adjustment of the camber at the track from the top of the strut something along the line of this need to investigate further http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1432095

SNAP... my camber is out too and is causing excessive wear to the drivers side tyre. Again, the garages i've taken this to say that the camber cannot be adjusted. I have read recent threads that Justin (binliner) has posted and despite this, the mechanic(s) i've seen say that the 2 bolt from the hub to the shock aren't there and therefore no adjustment can be made???? Do setups vary from golf to golf? There must be a way. Also can the H&R bolts ventovr6 mention be fitted to a standard setup. However i presume these replace the bolts that my car is mising?

i if your car is a mk2 or 3 golf it is adjustable . if you remove the front wheel and look you will see the front shock this is bolted onto the hub assembly with 2 nuts and bolts ,the bolts i have found fit into the top bolt hole to alow easy adjustment . if you were to lossen these bolts the hub assembly moves quite a bit in and out hence your camber adjustment . The blokes dont know what they are talking about i think . I will try and get some pics for you over the weekend . Were do you live ? fFnd a place that carries out full wheel aliment they will be able to do it and should know what they are talking about . we have a hunter at work http://www.hunter.com/pub/product/alignmentsystems/index.htm but we dont have the tuning software so its going to be trial and error for me lol

I know a garage that sets ya camber for you. You need a special tool from vw to do it or VW themselves will do it for about £140 :o This bloke charged me £60 for tracking and camber. He couldnt do it at first and got hold of a tool so he could do it. Close enough for you Brett if ya need it.

Cheers for the reply Brett. My thoughts too... i knew that my camber was adjustable. If you could post them pics up that would be helpful. I live in the Lake District, Cumbria! I presume the standard bolts allow adjustment and the uprated H&R ones just allow for additional camber changes?

have had a bit of a pants weekend so far see my some one will pay thread . i will try and get pics for 2morrow as i have a old leg up the workshop . the H&R bolts just make adjustment much easyer as you loosen the bolts and turn the top 1 till you get the camber setting that u want rather than having to push the wheel away from the leg

Im intrested in finding out more about this camber tool from VW. Does this mean camber can be set without having to use a 4 wheel aliner. And would it work at what ever ride hight you set it at? I also have hurd about a VW tool which sets your castor buy posioning your ball joint in the right place, Is such tool real????

im not sure about the caster as the lower balljoint moves in and out so you could adjust your incluided angle ( king pin inclination ) possably i will know in the next week when i put my car on the wheel aligner because of this http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?194416.0#post_194446