vr6 turbo - strong gearbox

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why is this thread so bitchy?

my god iv just read 6 pages of bitching!

got to keep a few things to yourself !!

Why do you know something that we all don't ?

Its easy to get that power out of a vr it all come down to £££££££££££££ !

Would love to see dyno figures if you have any ?????????

I am sure i have seen you car in the mag does it have a standard inlet manifold on it ?

i would want to tell you bugger all either' date='

you seem to have something on your mind you want to tell us ????

[/quote']

If that car is running 650bhp and four wheel drive he would break the gearbox all the time the fact that it has not leads me to believe that his bhp figures dont tally up !

If i had nothing to hide i would tell my spec ! Just like i have

500hp with just boost isnt that difficult' date=' where as 650hp with ONLY boost is much more difficult yes? So its not as if its ground breaking having just 500hp. I know very few people who will run Nitrous on the rollers also.

[/quote']

Do you think a stock gearbox will take 650bhp with 4 wheel drive ?

My VRs got 788bhp with standard internals ;) ,

About the gearbox tho, I thought it was regaining traction after wheel spinning, Therfore shocking the gearbox with all that torgue that caused the damage?

Pehaps 4 wheel drive/ know wheel spinning no shock of regaining tration ect... possibly more reliable!!

So far you have built a mk2 golf put a syncro floor pan in rallye front end haldex peloquin uprated gearbox built a vr6 turbo engine with pistons rods you must have stand alone and gas for 8k because you done most of the work your self ? I done all of the work on my car every thing from engine build to rolling my arches and even did the paint and mine cost me alot more than 8k !

the gearbox has been fine so far but its not stanard and the 4x4 can be turned off

He said its not standard and the 4 wheel drive can be turned off,

Its got to be running a MK4 R32 4*4 gearbox, they can take 600bhp and have switchable 4 wheel drive system (only when the front wheels spin the power is transered to the rearwheels) ! im sure Mk2 syncro haven't got 4 wheel drive that you can't turn off!!

right you fu**ers its a vr6 syncro box with re engineered transfur box to house the 17/27 ratios for the haldex rear diff which i have had a computer made so i can ajust the ratio from front to back manualy from inside the car which also means that i can turn it off!! so its front wheel drive or 4x4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i find the dino print out i will post it !!!!!!!!!! i dont need to back it up to anyone!!!!!! so get real its my car i konw what ive done to it !!!just to shut 407 vr up who must have a problem with something i will!!!!

right you fu**ers its a vr6 syncro box with re engineered transfur box to house the 17/27 ratios for the haldex rear diff which i have had a computer made so i can ajust the ratio from front to back manualy from inside the car which also means that i can turn it off!! so its front wheel drive or 4x4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i find the dino print out i will post it !!!!!!!!!! i dont need to back it up to anyone!!!!!! so get real its my car i konw what ive done to it !!!just to shut 407 vr up who must have a problem with something i will!!!!

Yes if you can read i said about that ages ago we have all heard of haldex controllers before and as for your transfer box thats not your gearbox it bolts on to your gear box which is standard and will not take 650bhp like you claim !!!!!!!!!

Tell us what turbo and management you have and what boost ? thats all