Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi is there anyone who could give me a rough sort of guide as to how much this trip will cost as i have always wanted to go any help is appreciated

Bit tricky mate but i guess the ferry is about £70 at the mo - it depends on whether you want to camp or stay in the hotel ( lots of debate about this ;) ) and then petrol will be I guess about £200 and then food and beer money on top - so around about £500 I would guess as a minimum.

cool' date=' we can make a snowman!!

A bit of vr6 drifting fun!

[/quote']

Drifting? Only if you have a Syncro!

Cheers,

Andy

lol not strictly true!!

Handbrake turns and lift of oversteer don't count as drifting! You can get it sideways like that though. You'll be more sideways than me, I suspect. I won't rag my 330d round, and the traction control keeps the rear end in check quite well (yes, I've tried). If I rent one of the RWD DRTs, I may be slightly sideways, but that's never recommended in a car you're not familiar with!

Cheers,

Andy

You'll be more sideways than me' date=' I suspect.

[/quote']

Lol that would be down to lack of skill, it wouldn't be done on purpose unfortunately! :-(

Hence i will be taking it slow and steady! No foolish behaviour from me.

I'll print that post out, and hand it back to you on Easter Monday....

Cheers,

Andy

Mmm like you say 4 months is a long time just got my coilovers on as well, then it broke down various symptoms thought it was head gasket, now think its coilpack i took the spark plugs out after starting it and all the plugs were wet with petrol, running on five cylinders or is it three ?.........the joys of a thirteen year old car............but i wouldnt swap it for anything.................... :-p

Hey guys ill be coming along for the crack' date=' Ill also be up for a trip to Adenau :-D

Ill be taking this on the long trip:-

[img']http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b3/9e/40b6_12.JPG

Ear deffenders at the ready. Any news on hotels etc yet? Itll be real good catching up with you all again - its been a while.

Wow that looks sweet mate - whats the spec on it ??

The hotel that everyone is using ie http://www.goldfass.de/ and i think if you go back to about page 60 all the info should be there !!!!