Suspension advice

Hi folks am really looking for some feedback/opinions of suspension, mine needs replacing along with a few other bits and i'm not sure what to choose

i don't want coilovers, mainly due to the budget i'm on so i'm down to a few suspension kits now

these being

-H&R cup kit

-Weitect Kit

-Koni Kit

-Kw kit

^^ all these being a spring and shock combo, don't really want to spend over £400

my main concern is i don't want the suspension to be too harsh over bumps as there's a lot of them around here :(

thats what everyone seems to recommend, i had them on a corsa before and they were on soft, but still seemed pretty harsh over bumps.

i spose some of that was due to low profile tyres tho

were is the best place to buy these things? i may just go for koni again

• 1 month later...

hi not long been part of the gang so if you have already fitted your suspension ignore my rambling, I've just done mine and we put eibach springs on and kyb twin gas struts on. I've never known a front wheel drive handle so well,there is'nt a scooby in the county that can get away from me on a round about!!!!!! but it did cost around six hundred to do but it was well worth it. and it is a awsome set up for track days and racing. we put em on all the track cars.

I've got the gmax kit on mine with poweflex bushes as well. It's like driving with a china teaset in the car - everything rattles including my teeth. It is low and responsive, but if I was doing it again I'd just replace my knackered OEM bits and get some lowering springs.

hi guys, just to update this, as i have it all fitted

decided that since a shock was buggered and a steering boot split i wanted to use the opportunity to replace a few bits and make the car handle/drive a little fresher.

so have fitted

-top mounts

-track rods + ends

-wishbones + bushes

-lower balljoints

-new rear ARB 25mm thick

-front & rear Springs & shocks, lowered car by 40mm

-renewed all the bumpstops & covers too

-new sump gasket as was leaking

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

ARB can't really get a pic

DSC00202.jpg

i went for the weitec ultra GT kit -40mm and its really good, not crashy at all, and handles much better now, very responsive

handles much nicer now, goes over bumps better and the steering is much more responsive, so all worth while imo