Wheels question

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to get a set of 17 x 8 on the front, and 17x 9 on the rear, can anyone advise on a suitable offset for both please. Thanks.

Also, can anybody recommend a tourig car style rim such as the BK299 www.bkracing.co.uk/aspbite/alloy-wheels/gallery-wheel.asp?ID=1 that is available in a wide, dished fitment?

It's such a gorgeous rim, but just isn't wide enough :S

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, i have 17"x8J with a 38 offest by ASA. The rears are slightly too wide and i have rubbed the wheel arch when carrying two bikes and hit a dip in the road, other than that they clear just fine.

The fronts wouldn't even go over the pad carriers due to the offest being 38 rather than a stock 43 so i had to grind a couple of mill. off the carriers with no problems since. The fronts clear the arch well and there's no problem with room on full lock.

I would say the an 8J will give you a slightly wide Euro look. If you don't like that (and it is only slightly wide) then go 7.5J or 7J, if you're ok with it then 8s are fine.

Stick as close to your stock 43 offset as you can or you'll be grinding your carriers as well.

you can see some pictures of mine here:

VRon17s.jpg

Newwheels3.jpg

Rear.jpg

Pad carrier clearance issues.

Newwheels8.jpg

I think a 9J will be too wide, unless you get a real high offset.

James.