• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My latest VR6. 69k, completely standard, had it 6 mnths & loving it

Corrado here 

Posted Images

Mmm may be an idea to get someone to follow you to see when its smoking, on hard acceleration then it'll be the rings, if its on lift off then more likely valve stem/guides/seals, if its all the time then b*llocks it'll be £££............do you know if its been looked after or did the person that sold it to you have a burberry cap?................ :-p

im not completly sure' date=' but its not good i know that, its quite a common problem aswell iirc with the vr6 when its done over 100k.

basicaly its drinking oil like mad, i can run my finger round the tail pipe and oil is there .

[/quote']

Time for an R32 conversion methinks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

it does still drive, although its very lumpy, ive found a hole in my exhaust aswell now so need that fixing, just gota get myself a vr6 plug removal tool as its not like a simple car lol.

edit; i found a tool in the standerd kit :D just have to wait for the thing to cool down now though.

small update, i checked all the plugs today and there were all black and looked rather old, so i got new ones from partco for 32 quid which seems a good price, and now it runs fine again :D pulls like it should and no dodgy idle or cutting out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

it is indeed... i was actually looking for a gragon green storm with the ol cream leather interior... but damn they are hard to find... especially in good nic with low milage...

the best one i found was in scotland! i was close to flying up there to get it but the guy sold it...

i'm more than happy with what i got tho!

tbh mate i think the storms are a bit overpriced bearing in mind you can buy a "normal" vr with leather anyway, as you say the condition and mileage are more important than a storm badge, and dare i say colour. Personally i wouldnt have chosen red but you can't have everything..........................im happy with mine as well................ :-p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...