nearly 2000 hits and not one person interested :-(

IMO I would remove the prices next to everything you have listed.

Alot of the prices seem a little inflated and might put people off buying it. Listing it seemed as though you were trying to justify a high price.

I would also not say that it was previously up for nearly £5k and now dropped to £3.5, people might wonder why such a huge drop. . . ?

Just thoughts.

Good luck with the sale though :)

Mark.

My cabrio was up for sale for 2 months before it sold, even though the price was very competitive. At the end of the day, modded VRs are a "niche" car and the market for them isn't that large. Stick with it and it will sell eventually.

A good idea is to put a watch on any cars on ebay that are similar to yours and see what they sell for. This is the best way of determining what sale price is fair.

"As you can see in parts alone in the Last 6 weeks I've spent £4353 and I don't know how much in Labour."

and you are asking for £3500, after spending well over that, WITHIN THE LAST 45 DAYS.

tbh i would read that and not come near the car with a barge pole... it sounds fishy as a month old haddock to me.

dont get me wrong, im not saying that you or the car are dodgy, but thats the way that you have made it appear in your advert...

IMO I would remove the prices next to everything you have listed.

Alot of the prices seem a little inflated and might put people off buying it. Listing it seemed as though you were trying to justify a high price.

I would also not say that it was previously up for nearly £5k and now dropped to £3.5' date=' people might wonder why such a huge drop. . . ?

Just thoughts.

Good luck with the sale though :)

Mark.

[/quote']

My exact thoughts too...

Chris

NO offense but everything you say makes you sound desperate....which always puts people off. YOu need to cut all the 'truely iconic sports car' and 'most people say not run in till 100k' just put the basic info

Altho its not a mega high asking price i think you should still be prepared to take less. the book price is only about 2 grand...so you might have to take as less as 2500-2800

Thing is Lads i am desporate lol

I need to book a holiday as i'm going to propose to the misses :-s

I do agree the prices may have been better off not on there. But i have spent including the car over £6-7k in a few months - probably more.

I just cant help myself spending on my motors :-(

If it doesnt sell this time i'll take the prices down

I saw this car on pistonheads when I was looking for one - at £4900 it was way too expensive, but the price now is ok - maybe come down to £2995 and you'd sell it I reckon. Autotrader do a 'telesafe' thing now which is free - basically any callers have to phone an encrypted number to get through to you and Autotrader automatically filters out any known canvassers/scammers - those companies that say they can sell your car for £70 etc. The call you get is from a genuine buyer. Also if you sell the car then a recorded message tells anyone that it's sold so you don't have to waste time telling people it's already sold. Got to be worth a try I'd say. Autotrader might get more coverage? Not sure, but either way it's common sense that the more sites you have it on the more chance you've got of selling it! Good luck mate!

Big no no for any modified car add is always "Thousands spent, only 2k"etc. and especially in this case I immediately thought "why spend all that money, that quickly, then flog it?"

I'd just be tempted to list the mods (without prices or timescales), the mileage, the condition and the history. Oh, and get a better photo, not one half way up a kerb (again people will form opinions of it)

Anything else 'bigging up' the car will put off serious buyers who will discard it like a badly written CV.

PS I'm a bit of an old fart where this matters but it's sought after not sort after

Yes i might use trader binliner - just hate the idiots who call saying they have people who want to buy your car etc etc and take money off the naive

If you opt for the telesafe product when booking your car on autotrader, you will not get these... Trust me.. I work @ autotrader and know this :)

Advert does look better now you've amended the wording.

I think its worth re-doing the photos though. Park it up somewhere better, and include at least one interior photo too.

Good luck with the sale - if I was looking for a VR6 I'd be arranging a test drive!

Yea deffo loads better, if/when you relist it start it off by biddng from 99p (people like to bid) and set a resevre at 2500? i reckon....and get some better pics i agree...close up of the wheels and interior

I would have to agree thats pricey. If you want that kind of money i would agree with whats been said, take some stuff off the car and sell it sepertaly.

For example the headlights and foglights mean nothing to most people that would look at a complete car, but put them on ebay seperatly and your whole market for people after them is increased massivly.

I would put the std airbox and leads back on and sell them seperalty

Same for the headunit etc, get it all on there seperatly and your market for people wanting that is then huge.

Youve got some nice mods on there, and it can be a bit soul destroying to take them off again, but you will never find someone who would do everything the same, people want to put there own touch on a car, or just leave it standard. something that had everything done has a limited market.

Also make it an auction - if people see it when its cheap they will be interested, the more they look the more they will be willing to pay, and state exactly how long the mot and tax are.

Good luck!

Tom.

Some great comments for you there. I would like to add one thing which I hope helps.

You have to look at your market.

Whilst that sounds obvious....An old boy who wants one is not going to buy one at top whack if it has Piston Heads all over it (associated with driven hard and fast) and all the mods stated. Adverts with full history owners club and tasteful mods are much more appealing. We all want the one careful lady owner after all.

if you make it sound like a bargin and all the obvious stuff has been done and they should have years of trouble free motoring -- all of a sudden many more people are going to show interest.

The fact that people are looking shows it has appeal. So just re-phrase and either take the hit on the parts prices or offer it with or without parts/standard and sell the parts to recoup as much as you can financially. You do see people advertising .."..,. if it makes the reserve all parts included...." kinda comments.

Good luck with it