the chain snapped!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know where to get and how much a new engine would be. my mates cam chain has snapped and according to another friend who is a mechanic, it is dead. it is a highline but has a bit of rust on her and he reckons it is only worth about £1800. he is on about getting rid of it if it is too much to repair. any ideas?

cheers

jamie

What year and what mileage is the car?

I've seen engines going for as little as 250 / 300 quid! they are 10 a penny, I might have one coming up for sale next month.

I know a guy who's just had an engine swap for 800 quid including the engine.

you can pick up the engines from about £500:00 or so mate' date=' but theres nothing to gaurantee the chains on the new engine wont go!!! so its best to do them before you drop the new engine in, that again will push the price up.

[/quote']

Shouldn't push the cost up to much to replace the chains while the engine is out. Most of the cost to replacing chains is normally down to the labour to get the gearbox out - this doesn't have to be done in your case as your engine is out so it should only really be the cost of the parts to get the chains done in your case mate. Well worth keeping the car and doing the engine swap along with the chains at same time. Still a far better value car than most new cars for several times the cost, and far more reliable too.

What year and what mileage is the car?

I've seen engines going for as little as 250 / 300 quid! they are 10 a penny' date=' I might have one coming up for sale next month.

I know a guy who's just had an engine swap for 800 quid including the engine.

[/quote']

are u not interested in the shell if he scaps it/breaks it??