No, as long as the GTi owners know there place ;-)

There is the occasional comment about GTi owners trying it on against VRs. Especially in regards to why people debadge their VR6s!

But seriously, I've never noticed any snobery, they're all VWs at the end of the day.

We have several members who own both and a few more who are back in GTis after writing off their VR6s.

TG

no snobbery im aware of, there was a link to a diff site where some non vw owners were sayin gti's are better cus vr6s are unreliable not long back, ford site they know nothing!

alot of people sign up with out even owning a vw...

What Ford site was it mofo? Im on PassionFord cos people on there have a lot of knowledge of cars other than just Fords and I've found it pretty useful, theres no snobbery on there really to any car apart from the chavvy ones!

I only got into VR's from GTI's really. Had a few GTI's and still the proud owner of my MK1 GTI. I have only been into VR's for a few months but have not encountered any snobbery. A few mates still have various GTI's, 16v and cabs etc. We are all on big happy family! The VR's just the fastest, thats all! (joking)

I've had countless numbers of GTIs (hence the name) all MKs from the original series 1,mk1 (small lights, tartan interior etc) to a MK4 GTI.

I bought my VR because I wanted to get the fastest Golf I could afford without buying a mk4 turbo or a diesel GT, I never noticed any snobbery from onwers of either model.

Only jib you get every now and then is a MK3 GTI 16v onwer telling you his car is faster and more economical :^)

What Ford site was it mofo? Im on PassionFord cos people on there have a lot of knowledge of cars other than just Fords and I've found it pretty useful' date=' theres no snobbery on there really to any car apart from the chavvy ones!

[/quote']

it was a thread ages ago...it may not have been a ford site tbh just a general car forum...but they were talking crap

Well lets be realistic here boys and girls, nobodies going to come on and say yes, im a bit snobby coz i have a leather interior in my car and you dont you peasent!! but one of the problems i had when i first started looking for a vr was the fact that in london u have to drive for a total of about 300 yards before you see a mk3 golf, then my mate pointed out that you cant just discount the car because of it being a common car, and how many are actulaay vr's, now when im driving around and i see another mk3 golf, lowered or whatever, ill look out to see if it has the leathers, or rear headrests, black interior e.t.c, not trying to be snobbish, just nice to own the top spec model

So what about a golf VR6 against a Corrardo VR6? Obviously the Corrardo is slightly quicker and, IMHO looks better than the golf. do any Corrardo owners think their poop smells better than that of a Golf driver?

I had a Fiat couple 20v Turbo for a while, and we 20v Turbo owners were top of the pile. Certainly in my opinion! Then the 16v Turbo owners, then the 20v and finally 16v owners. It wasn't snobbery, but more of "I've got a better version than you with a better engine" and in a straight line (don't give a Couple a corner - the corner will win!) the 20v would win hands down. I even had a mate with a modified 16v turbo, and he couldn't get close to me when my 20v Turbo was standard. when it was mildly tweaked, well, it was embaressing for the poor chap!

In my eyes' date=' a VW is a VW. One big happy family! :P

[/quote']

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1182332423_2196_FT177456_img_2589.jpg]1182332423_2196_FT177456_img_2589_.jpg[/lightbox]

Where does this fit into your happy family JK?

TG

P.s. credit to Antera309 for the pic.

In my eyes' date=' a VW is a VW. One big happy family! :P

[/quote']

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1182332423_2196_FT177456_img_2589.jpg]1182332423_2196_FT177456_img_2589_.jpg[/lightbox]

Where does this fit into your happy family JK?

TG

P.s. credit to Antera309 for the pic.

CHAVTASTIC :S :S

If you look at it in a certain way the front looks like the Stay Puffed man from Ghostbusters.

VW is the people's car, whether it's a ratty 25-year old Polo or a brand spankin' new Phaeton W12 (why do we never see Phaetons at shows?).

Snobbery is for the Mercedes, Porsche & BMW scenes.... not us!

TG, did you see the Corrado with the Golf mk4 front end? that was even worse! I guess you have to respect these people for trying something different...

So what about a golf VR6 against a Corrardo VR6? Obviously the Corrardo is slightly quicker and' date=' IMHO looks better than the golf. do any Corrardo owners think their poop smells better than that of a Golf driver?

I had a Fiat couple 20v Turbo for a while, and we 20v Turbo owners were top of the pile. Certainly in my opinion! Then the 16v Turbo owners, then the 20v and finally 16v owners. It wasn't snobbery, but more of "I've got a better version than you with a better engine" and in a straight line (don't give a Couple a corner - the corner will win!) the 20v would win hands down. I even had a mate with a modified 16v turbo, and he couldn't get close to me when my 20v Turbo was standard. when it was mildly tweaked, well, it was embaressing for the poor chap!

[/quote']

How did you find the Fiat Coupe to drive compared to the VR6? On paper they have similar performance - isn't the fiat coupe low seven/ late 6 secs too ? Or is it more like 8 secs? can't remember

The 20vT had 220BHP as standard, good for 60 in 6.5s and onto 150MPH. As it was turbo charged it felt alot more rapid than the VR does, but thats due to the turbo lag. 3rd gear in the Coupe was simply incredible. I think in a straight line race, on a dry surface, with little or no corners involved, then there's be no competition. Through the gears the VR wouldn't stand a chance. But when corners appear, then it'd be a totally different story!

The good thing about the Coupe though is how easy it is to get extra torque and hence extra power out of it. As it's turbo charged and runs at 0.8bar normally, adding about £1000 worth of goodies means you can get upto 1.3bar and 350BHP easily (and safely)! I had mine up to about 300BHP without even trying, although it wasn't the safest way of doing it.