What's better than the VR6,and costs less than 10 grand?

Personally wouldn't be seen driving one even though they go like stink. I'll stick to the VR in the slow lane.

you driven one? they are seriously nice to drive (and thats comparing to a vr6 which itself is a nice drive!)...so sure footed.

Never driven one, would like to out of interest. But as I was saying its the look that gets me! Nasty......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...may have 240bhp...its a fair bit more than the basic turbo though.

yeah, you could have two vr6's for £10k of course.

mangold - have a go in one (phone up a scooby dealers that have some in and 'pretend' you're thinking of buying one ;))..i don't like them for the looks ;)

ok...may have 240bhp...its a fair bit more than the basic turbo though.

yeah' date=' you could have two vr6's for £10k of course.

mangold - have a go in one (phone up a scooby dealers that have some in and 'pretend' you're thinking of buying one ;))..i don't like them for the looks ;)

[/quote']

Not a bad idea, a test pilot for the day.

ok, sorrry chaps, I love my vr6 but lets be real here, the scooby is in a different league in terms of performance, it has acceleration we can only dream of, the handling is superior to most things I have ever experienced, nothing could be further from the truth with the vr. Mounting a flat four boxer low down in the front gives the scooby a nice low centre of gravity, this combined with four wheel drive and rally bred suspension (wrc winning combination .....think about it) makes it a formidable package. The vr has a massive engine mounted forward of the front driving wheels which is why its poor handling is an absolute legend. Wouldn't want to comment on build quality, but lets remember who came top in recent reliabilty surveys (it wasn't vw...) Theres something very reassuring about the vws all round abilities and its nice to drive a car that people don't assume is being driven by a d*ckhead but there can be no comparison imo on performance. Anyone who thinks the vr has any chance on any road under reasonably legal circumstances with competent drivers against a scooby has obviously never been in both cars....I do love the vr though :-)

ok' date=' sorrry chaps, I love my vr6 but lets be real here, the scooby is in a different league in terms of performance, it has acceleration we can only dream of, the handling is superior to most things I have ever experienced, nothing could be further from the truth with the vr. Mounting a flat four boxer low down in the front gives the scooby a nice low centre of gravity, this combined with four wheel drive and rally bred suspension (wrc winning combination .....think about it) makes it a formidable package. The vr has a massive engine mounted forward of the front driving wheels which is why its poor handling is an absolute legend. Wouldn't want to comment on build quality, but lets remember who came top in recent reliabilty surveys (it wasn't vw...) Theres something very reassuring about the vws all round abilities and its nice to drive a car that people don't assume is being driven by a d*ckhead but there can be no comparison imo on performance. Anyone who thinks the vr has any chance on any road under reasonably legal circumstances with competent drivers against a scooby has obviously never been in both cars....I do love the vr though :-)[/quote']

exactly my thoughts...but i think the handling could do with a slight tweeking on them...but a lot less than the vr6 needs.

does anyone rate the nissan sunny/pulsar GTIR.A lot of car for little money' date='or jap crap?4WD,220bhp got to be pretty useful as a playing out toy you wouldn't want to share![/quote']

i used to yearn for sunny gtir subtle very light and bloody rapid i bet but yeh they do seem built like shite

ok' date=' sorrry chaps, I love my vr6 but lets be real here, the scooby is in a different league in terms of performance, it has acceleration we can only dream of, the handling is superior to most things I have ever experienced, nothing could be further from the truth with the vr. Mounting a flat four boxer low down in the front gives the scooby a nice low centre of gravity, this combined with four wheel drive and rally bred suspension (wrc winning combination .....think about it) makes it a formidable package. The vr has a massive engine mounted forward of the front driving wheels which is why its poor handling is an absolute legend. Wouldn't want to comment on build quality, but lets remember who came top in recent reliabilty surveys (it wasn't vw...) Theres something very reassuring about the vws all round abilities and its nice to drive a car that people don't assume is being driven by a d*ckhead but there can be no comparison imo on performance. Anyone who thinks the vr has any chance on any road under reasonably legal circumstances with competent drivers against a scooby has obviously never been in both cars....I do love the vr though :-)[/quote']

Totally understand where your coming from here mate, but I have raced many of my work colleagues in Impreza's and although they have an advantage getting off the line, 4 wheel drive and much better gearing, once moving there is very little if anything in it, against my VR. In fact once you get above 60 the VR comes alive and once your in 3 figures the Jap boys where amazed that they were actually struggling to keep up!

All where trying, and now give my little Dub lots of respect, as I do for there Jap Crap, but I still think they are externally ugly, internally bland and too plasticy, and the engines poorly laid out/design and ultimately very unreliable (even they admit that my dub is so much more refined, better looking and much more reliable, as well as all adoring the sound!)

Although I have heard the later Mitsibushi Evo's are the kiddy to have according to the Jap boys at work!

Its a pointless discussion really, as each individual wants different things from the car they drive, so at the end of the day its more about what YOU want, as opposed to what is publically deemed better! :P

Absolutely...:-) I agree its more about the whole package, I too find scoobies ugly and a bit plastic, the vr6 is as you say refined and good looking, what is worth considering is that your particular car is lowered, stiffened, riding on 17inch split rims and a top of the range model and very good looking ;-) It has, as you say 205BHP before the addition of the schrick so its not exactly standard, if you spent the same ammount of money on a scooby you would have one of the highest perfomance cars on the road. A standard impreza turbo will still in my experience destroy a standard vr6 in real situations....My mate has a Celica GT4 which I think is horrendously ugly but has performance in bucketloads, so gains my respect. His car regularly destroys mine on the A Roads yet he still respects the vr, especially the sound, the torque and the refined power!! As you say its what makes YOU happy. I think the vr does a good job of many things rather than a brilliant job of one thing, guess that's why I've got one :-)...enjoy

don't slate it for being a fiat but the fiat coupe 20v turbo plus will probaly be my next car, it has 2 litre turbo 5 cylinder engine producing 220hp and 310nm of tourque, it does 0-60 in 6 seconds and tops out at 155mph and you can get one for way less than 10 grand, they call it the poor mans ferrari it also designed pinafirina 8o) e800.jpg