induction

• 3 months later...

dont bother with induction kits its too cramped and hot under the hood, also most kits utilise an oiled filter that is no good for your air flow mass meter, my girlfiend has put a pipercross panel filter in the origional airbox there is a slightly better sound but the throttle response and mid range has improved comparativly to the £40 outlay. induction kits come into theyre own when your running forced induction where hooge volumes of air, children and small animals are being drawn in 8-| hope this helps me old fruit.

A CAI (Cold air intake) is the way to go on the R32. These locate the air filter (cone-type) behind the LH front bumper grille where the air is at its most cold & dense. All that shows in the engine bay is the pipe (either pilished aluminium or carbon fibre( connecting the filter to the MAF & throttle body. People have seen 10BHP gains on the '32 with this mod alone.

The most popular kits are the EIP Tuning one:

http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/airintakes.html

and the Carbonio one:

http://carboniointakes.com/vw/vr6.php

Guest bradr32

hey thanks both for replying.

Still havent got one yet, havent really decided, its a lot of money to give away

Never really thought about a panel filter, sure to look into that though.

Thanks again to both. brad

Incidentally I was reading up earlier on the K&N induction kit, £79 at Awesome. Gonna drop in soon for a service and will chat to them about fitting one. The instructions to fit look relatively easy but I just don't trust myself with anything mechanical! I'm confused by the earlier post though about not bothering, from what I've heard it makes sense to get cooler air in rather than have the air box in there and although I'm not terribly fussed about having loads more horses, the potential for better fuel consumption would be a bonus!

I would strongly recommend the carbonio, it made a massive difference, my car goes in for a non resonated milltek and stage 2 revo map tomorrow so i am eager to find out what the difference will be over stock.

Fitting is easy enough, rather fiddly, but there are detailed instructions just follow them step by step and keep all the fixings and bolts together so as you dont lose anything, as some of the bolts are required to fit the carbonio.

The noise is nothing like a mark3 VR6 unfortunately, but the difference in 2nd 3rd gear will be noticed straight away.