The Ibiza VR6 Turbo is dead, long live the Rallye VR6 Turbo! - New Pics

• 3 weeks later...

Not updated this for ages, but its pretty much all done. Managed to get a 3" exhaust on it from turbo to tailpipe. Its very tight with the rallye rear beam and diff, but it fits, just.

Got a couple of pics of the interior - Its a late LHD Corrado Dash. It was in the car when i got hold of it, but wasnt fitted too well, so had the whole lot out and put it in properly now. It had white clocks in it that i didnt like so put black ones in, and the slot for the head unit is now taken up with oil pressure, temperature and boost/Vac gauge.

rallyeint.jpg

rallyeint2.jpg

Excuse the messy wiring - the covers off at the mo and its all over the place as i'm in the process of removing the ABS (mk2 ABS is rubbish).

It's been running and drives well, the 4wd makes a nice difference and it does launch much better than the Ibiza did.

List now to do as and when is finish removing the ABS, then remove the Rallye transmission and put somethign a tad stronger in there, then up the boost again back to what the Ibiza was running (then maybe a tad more...;))

Tom.

rite kool, mine is obd1 does this matter? i can make a enlarged MAFhousing, injectors i can just change, who can i get to sort the code out for the ecu...? will the car sort of run with the std ecu in place so i can carefully drive it some where to get done.. or do i just send of ecu, or get sent a chip..? cheers

My Ibiza was OBD1, and have mapped a few OBD1 cars now that all run pretty good. Our code though isnt available for distribution, its just for me and my freinds really.

Not sure who to suggest really, not seen any one else give good results on the std ecu to be completly honest.

It will sort of run on std code, but not very well. the enlarged injectors and maf to a point make up for each other, but it will run like a sack, and if you use any boost you will probably melt somehting. If your stuck you could leave the turbo piping to the throttle boddy off, and run a std maf and injectors to get you somewhere...

Tom.

• 2 years later...