VR6 Shortlist - Thoughts

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would go for that one rear quarter damage can be a nightmare to repair btw, very costly and never looks right imo

have you seen this one pete? vr6sale.jpg

its local to me and im stafordshire so shouldnt be too far and its got leather.

i would go for that one rear quarter damage can be a nightmare to repair btw' date=' very costly and never looks right imo

have you seen this one pete? [img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/galvam1ke/vr6sale.jpg

its local to me and im stafordshire so shouldnt be too far and its got leather.

You would go for it????

shouldnt be too bad mate TBH getting it fixed... especially if I have a full respray... bet you didnt know my old VR had a crease in the rear qtr pannel? ;) and that looked ok after that was repaired.. it was the rotton arches that let it down!

Cant view photobucket images mate from work,. need more info on that though! a picture is not enuff.

Pete

sorry wouldnt go for it with teh rear crease. nah didnt notice yours.

the one iv just posted is dragon green P reg, leather, 3 door, doesnt say milage clifford alarm, 1850 price,, and if its in better nick body wise i reckon its teh better choice. its 16miels from me, want the number?

sorry wouldnt go for it with teh rear crease. nah didnt notice yours.

the one iv just posted is dragon green P reg' date=' leather, 3 door, doesnt say milage clifford alarm, 1850 price,, and if its in better nick body wise i reckon its teh better choice. its 16miels from me, want the number?

[/quote']

post the URL to the advert, the number the works... im only down the road in Stoke dont forget.... ideally i'd like climatronic unit so i dont have to piss about swapping bits :P

Its one of the ones i sent you on page 2 - It doesnt have Climatronic and there is no mileage shown so i bet its dont over 130k. Selling the engine alone out of the 75k miler will pay for any damage on the car and you'll have the RARE climatronic that way!!

barryboy bonnet.. err bad boy = thrashed...

mileage is mate, makes it easier to sell in the future! that other one had 75k on the clock and was only 50 quid more!

should have just put down a deposit on it earlier today, total bargain with a few hundred quid spent on it!

The mk1 Audi A3 never had a V6 option, so a suitable subframe wouldn't be available for a straight fit. Nice idea though!

Fitting the running gear to a mk4 Polo would also make for a very quick car, but the Polo's looks aren't to everyone's tastes.

If I was you, I would definitely go for a mulberry highline, even if it means having to get your Polo handles etc resprayed.

The mk1 Audi A3 never had a V6 option' date=' so a suitable subframe wouldn't be available for a straight fit. Nice idea though!

Fitting the running gear to a mk4 Polo would also make for a very quick car, but the Polo's looks aren't to everyone's tastes.

If I was you, I would definitely go for a mulberry highline, even if it means having to get your Polo handles etc resprayed.

[/quote']

ditto id go for a new colour, new project = new colour....i think i prefer dusty mauve now tbh

You should have a word with someone that goes to insurance disposal auctions. A stolen/recovered Highline that's had the seats stripped out of it would be ideal. Once you've sold off the surplus engine it would work out very, very cheap.

You should have a word with someone that goes to insurance disposal auctions. A stolen/recovered Highline that's had the seats stripped out of it would be ideal. Once you've sold off the surplus engine it would work out very' date=' very cheap.

[/quote']

doubt they would just write a vr6 off for teh interior alone? woudl ecpect it to be banged up too...or repaired....altho its a good idea.

i stil think i high milage one is good option, pay a grand maybe and throw away the engine.....plus it would be a CAT D or something if its been stole/writen off and effect insurance and sell on value

You should have a word with someone that goes to insurance disposal auctions. A stolen/recovered Highline that's had the seats stripped out of it would be ideal. Once you've sold off the surplus engine it would work out very' date=' very cheap.

[/quote']

knoweth of anyone mate ? :)

Why don't you have a think about buying Antera's VR Cab chum - if i had the option at the time looking for a car i'd have jumped at the chance!!

It's OBD1 AFAIK, and I suspect it will be going for more than 1.8k ;) as thats my budget for a new VR...