How to silence R32 critics .... VERY QUICKLY INDEPENDANTLY !!! .......

For 27k I would want a car that does the lot. 911s are an absolute hoot to drive, but they're not a lot of use when you want to get a flatpack wardrobe from Ikea or pick your mates up from the pub.

If I had 27k to spend on a car, there would be no question whatsoever - it would have four little circles on the front and an RS4 badge on the back. Two days later it would have a Revo remap and 450BHP. Yeah, baby!

But for £13-14k the mk4 R32 is a bit of a bargain really when you look at what you get.

We shouldn't slag off the R32 in any way. We should be glad that VW are continuing to evolve the 6-cylinder Golf concept when it is such a low volume, "niche" car. At the end of the day, VW could, if they wanted to, go the same way as Subaru & Mitsubishi and base all the performance Golfs around four cylinders, 16 valves and a turbo, but they know that there are enthusiasts like us out there who want the refinement & lovely noises that you can only get from a sweet six. Long live the R32, that's what I say. Well, that is, until the R36 comes out, anyway!

i cant believe im being called on this light hearted thread ,,,, but it is so clear that almost none of you have ever driven half the cars you talk about and have never had a track day under your belt where you would find a decent driver to compete against !! people seem to be making comments about performance whom have never driven, raced on a track, nor probably even sat in the cars !!! think about it .... on top gear they never race an 'lower' car against a better car ... why ? well coz maybe its coz the manufacturers dont wanna be shown up by a VXR matching a Boxster - get me drift !!! but heah i know nothing about cars !!! long live the VR6 !

i cant believe im being called on this light hearted thread ' date=',,, but it is so clear that almost none of you have ever driven half the cars you talk about and have never had a track day under your belt where you would find a decent driver to compete against !! people seem to be making comments about performance whom have never driven, raced on a track, nor probably even sat in the cars !!! think about it .... on top gear they never race an 'lower' car against a better car ... why ? well coz maybe its coz the manufacturers dont wanna be shown up by a VXR matching a Boxster - get me drift !!! but heah i know nothing about cars !!! long live the VR6 !

[/quote']

Yeah your completely right, no one else on here has ever done anything you have or knows any of the things you know,....and i bet if i said i sh*t my pants i bet youd have sh*t yours twice, I think what you are failing to see is that people are agreeing in some respects but pointing out the discrepancies in some of the data and have a different overview and experience on the matter, they arent wearing "R32 rose tinted sunglasses" well not yet anyway ;) now im off to open a "my dads bigger than your dad" thread

mr highline monster i am not failing to see anything .... wot is this issue about R32's ? heah great to see one being burnt (errrrmmm on the str8 not around the country roads or hills in germany, no doubt with a shrick etc) .... but do i really give a toss .... i met some real some nice guys up north near leeds from here into VR6's .... but people like you almost seem to treat other comments as though you are in an interview room .. almost like a copper that can't switch off ? oh and can't afford a newer car .... i used to be an RP so i dont like being questioned all the time about details - in fact maybe over a year ago when i was at a show near leeds we had a few drinks and your name came up - advertising ureself as a copper is not wise by any stretch ,,, especially when yah start putting people down so arrogantly as though the custody sarg aint looking !!!!

so why on a vr owners site are people so quick so slag off an r32 ...

Being realistic and criticising are 2 different things innit ;)

Exactly... Im not criticising R32s, I love them and like a lot of people (PHM included) it will probably be my next car, theyre great all round cars... good interior, comfortable, fairly quick and look good out of the box... add a supercharger and you've got it all

The backlash has come from your attitude not peoples dislike of your car

I have driven a Few r32's ;-) - a few M3's and one 911 turbo and alot more - i have had most of these cars (lol and i'm only 25) believe me or not i no what i'm talking about when compairing these animals. The mk4 r32 is nice the mk5 is better and the other cars r in different leagues again.

mr highline monster i am not failing to see anything .... wot is this issue about R32's ? heah great to see one being burnt (errrrmmm on the str8 not around the country roads or hills in germany' date=' no doubt with a shrick etc) .... but do i really give a toss .... i met some real some nice guys up north near leeds from here into VR6's .... but people like you almost seem to treat other comments as though you are in an interview room .. almost like a copper that can't switch off ? oh and can't afford a newer car .... i used to be an RP so i dont like being questioned all the time about details - in fact maybe over a year ago when i was at a show near leeds we had a few drinks and your name came up - advertising ureself as a copper is not wise by any stretch ,,, especially when yah start putting people down so arrogantly as though the custody sarg aint looking !!!!

[/quote']

everyone is entitled to there own opinion, just like you are, but STOP bringint PHM profession into this thread, any more of this will not please me or the rest of the team.

pete