Some Turbo parts came last week. PICS..

Agreed, I don't think I'd fancy attempting 200mph in a VW :-) Most road legal tyres give up at 186..... you'd need some expensive 200mph capable tyres I would imagine?

You'd need some mental power to get up there too. Texas Mile VR6 T did it though, but it had 288 cams and a schitt load of power!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted some stuff today. V-band oil catch tank, Fragola AN6 water lines for the GT35R and the new saturday candy package came from USA today

Went to Oslo motorshow a couple of months ago. Just tought you guys should see this......  

Would love see a video of that Club Chairman

My 02M is like the 02M in R32 and V6 4Motion.

Same RPM levels with 17" wheels. Over22 psi fourth gear is needed to have good traction. Even with a Peloquin fitted. This is on cheap 205/40-17" tires.

seen as though you are the onyl person i knwo that has "been there and done it" rather than onyl the theory side of things...

can you please make and development recomendations?

basicly if you could improve on it or if you have the box apart what would you change to make it more suitable for vr-t power?

also why the hell are 02m clutches soo bloody expensive?!

i wonder what the stock r32 clutch can withstand?... we might just have to find out...

Agreed' date=' I don't think I'd fancy attempting 200mph in a VW :-) Most road legal tyres give up at 186..... you'd need some expensive 200mph capable tyres I would imagine?

You'd need some mental power to get up there too. Texas Mile VR6 T did it though, but it had 288 cams and a schitt load of power!

[/quote']

Did 185 ish mph in my old 94 impreza on Toyo's ZR rated, granted i was scared, was still pulling too :)

Same RPM levels with 17" wheels. Over22 psi fourth gear is needed to have good traction. Even with a Peloquin fitted. This is on cheap 205/40-17" tires.

seen as though you are the onyl person i knwo that has "been there and done it" rather than onyl the theory side of things...

basicly if you could improve on it or if you have the box apart what would you change to make it more suitable for vr-t power?

i wonder what the stock r32 clutch can withstand?... we might just have to find out...

Hello.

Well I have been boosting my VR6 since 2005. Only issue Ive had is gearbox. Only been using Peloquin diffs, and never had any issues with them.

When it comes to making any upgrades on the 02M, a LSD diff is a must. Apart from that, UnitedMotorsport is talking very warm about diesel final drive gear.

And alot off kids on Vortex has problems with bended clutch forks on the 02M.

DM Motorsport sells beefy forks, so it might be a good thing to do.

Im have never used any short shift kits. Maybe im old fashion and thinks that the syncro rings will be stressed to force the gears into place, much faster than its designed for..

Hello.

Well I have been boosting my VR6 since 2005. Only issue Ive had is gearbox. Only been using Peloquin diffs' date=' and never had any issues with them.

When it comes to making any upgrades on the 02M, a LSD diff is a must. Apart from that, UnitedMotorsport is talking very warm about diesel final drive.

And alot off kids on Vortex has problems with bended clutch forks on the 02M.

DM Motorsport sells beefy forks, so it might be a good thing to do.

I have never used any short shift kits. Maybe im old fashion, and thinks that the syncro rings will be stressed to force the gears into place much faster than its designed for..

[/quote']

i'm getting stressed now actually thinking about this 02m set up...most of the hard work is already now i.e the custom mounts and drievshaft and fwd conversion but im still concerned abotu hwo well this power will get down and am really thinking about 4wd ...guess it literally comes down tot time and money now :(

i'm getting stressed now actually thinking about this 02m set up...most of the hard work is already now i.e the custom mounts and drievshaft and fwd conversion but im still concerned abotu hwo well this power will get down and am really thinking about 4wd ...guess it literally comes down tot time and money now :(

Dont worry that much about the grip. Its not like you will lose traction like you do with a oem 02A on the wet :)

With Peloquin, the tires screams in third gear, can scream some in fourth and if you run 25 psi and shifts fast from fourth to fifth it can scream some.. hohohohoo :)

But it still has alot off traction, and its not a issue for me.

Last summer a Audi TTS came up along my side on the highway. It was three guys in their late 20 / early 30 in the TTS. They came up next to me, and I could hear it had a modified exhaust. The TTS driver shifted from 6th to 4th gear, still on the side off me. What he didnt know, was that I already had 4th gear and was at 4500 rpm. Ready to go. So when the TTS hit full throttle, it took me 1.5 seconds and I had 27 psi just BANG! Ready to destroy the TTS like it was a nothing:) Three times the driver tryed. Three times they lost. Not by a little, but very bad :)

They came up along my side, with thumbs up and a BIG Smile. hehe... Just got their ass kicked by a lowered mk3 with replica wheels :)

Old VWs never die, they just get faster :-)

I annoyed a TT-RS driver the other day. I only run ~ 12psi and he couldn't get past me. He had a bit more top end though because of the gearing, but in the midrange, 50 - 120 speeds, he stood no chance. I use the 02A with 3.68 R&P, and a Quaife.

I'm happy with that. Trans is the original. 200K old, 60K of that with the GT35R beating on it. It's just about being sensible with the power and driving it properly in bad conditions :-)

thanx for the advice maiden, the traction issue has been concerning me quite a bit as low with the efforts i have put into speccing the block it is very very strong and is ready to handle a low of boost - so i do want to make some use of it

- tbh traction has been concerning me so much i have been cosidering 4wd for the past few weeks and trying to work out the costs involved.

It doesnt help that i find my self quickly loosing traction in damp condition in the vr6 currently (oettinger n/a tune + extras) and then jump into the family mk5 r32 4wd and find it impossible to loose traction even when launching from puddles

it sounds like your car is doing really well and i can't see my self needing more power than that....but i may want more later so need to future proof a little.

Kev, i also have to admit you gearbox is doing extremely well!

DO you have any plans to up the boost? or have you in the past?

i have noticed you guys are bother running 1.06 turbine housing which i think probably helps. Ideally i'd like top use something just a little smaller like a 0.82 for my build as i like to have access to power a little earlier to some of the shorter stretches of road ....unless you guys can convince me otherwise

Hey mate

No I'm happy with mine as it is running ~ 12psi. I was never in it for the numbers game. I just wanted a much faster daily and it's plenty fast enough for me, and more importantly, it's reliable too :-)

I'm using the 0.82 housing mate, which feels spot on for an every day car to me :-)

sorry kev didnt realise you were on 0.82 housing i agree with it being right for daily usage.

I also agree with number searching is a bit pintless for a road car, its more about how accessable that power is

I currently use toyo t1r and think they are great - but when the surge of torque comes in through the lower gears i find it easy to to prove spin in damp-ish conditions. I have also spent a lot of time and money into the chassis so i know its a good set up! - only difference is its sitting a lot lower nowadays than before to help keep to out of trouble for a little while.

I will look into the hankook rs2's next though.

I agree the r32 isn't insanely fast as a stock car, but the 4wd benefits are clear. Anyways i'm considering dropping the vr-t into a mk2 golf raylle now (if i can get my hands on the particular shell i have got my eyes on) and converting it haldex with all othe appropriate mods to keep it reliable and tamed now

I just wanna thank Clay and Nik at CTSTurbo for a new shipping record to Norway ! 6 days, and I could walk to the post office today and pick up the new 02M Clutchmasters FX850 twin disc setup :eek:

Thank you guys, its so good to be confident when ordering parts from you. :thumbup:

Anyway. Here is some pics of the new clutch I hope will perform as good as it looks ;)

CIMG0405.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0407.jpg

CIMG0408.jpg

CIMG0409.jpg

CIMG0410.jpg

Disc number 1, that looks like this might be ok to drive daily in the summer:

CIMG0411.jpg

Disc number 2, that doesnt look that forgiving :laugh:

CIMG0412.jpg

CIMG0413.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just came home from a Army exercise. Tired, hungry for a shower, and thirsty for a beer or ten

Came home, and since I live next to work I saw the Golf was parked outside off the garage. The guys at work had put the clutch in when I was away Only for me to fill it up with gear oil and connect the battery. Perfect !

Clutchmasters FX850 went in yesterday. Car has been standing still for 7 months.

Fired right up. No issues.

Pedal feel is around 50% stiffer than a OEM pedal feel. Not bad at all.

NO rattle or singelmass flywheel sound at all. Total silence

I was amazed. The engancement of the pedal is really good as well. Not near as brutal as the 4 puck Clutcnet setup was.

FX850 feels really good, with no sounds. Now its just up to the clutch to perform

Happy days.