Some Turbo parts came last week. PICS..

I am running pretty much the same set up as you but with a gt30r and sshort runner inlet and it great

but like you i killed my box and my engine !

I had a bit of an issue with my boost and run 2.4 or 2.6 bar only for a second but enough to blow the servo pipe out !

After that my engine had a knock for one day and then went .After that is was fine for about 500 miles and then started missing not bad but you could feel it another 400ish miles and my conrod snapped so i must of bent or stretched a rod that day !

Do you know how much boost you run when you had the pipe on wrong ?

No clue at all. But the 440cc injectors, should cut out at 1.45 bar somewhere..

Thinking off going to fit a 02M gearbox, from the Golf V6 4motion,

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted some stuff today. V-band oil catch tank, Fragola AN6 water lines for the GT35R and the new saturday candy package came from USA today

Went to Oslo motorshow a couple of months ago. Just tought you guys should see this......  

Would love see a video of that Club Chairman

Thats SQS box looks like a serious peice of kit, how much would that set you back?

The C2 software everybody seems to be talking about is it completely custom? As once I have my set up put together I'll have to spend a fortune getting it mapped as its not any particular kit, so sending my ECU to C2 would be an option.

Can you guys gimme a bit more info on what thry can do?

Ken

Thats SQS box looks like a serious peice of kit' date=' how much would that set you back?

The C2 software everybody seems to be talking about is it completely custom? As once I have my set up put together I'll have to spend a fortune getting it mapped as its not any particular kit, so sending my ECU to C2 would be an option.

Can you guys gimme a bit more info on what thry can do?

Ken

[/quote']

I asume the SQS kit is good, but that does not help that much, when the 02A housing is starting to flex. Then you will ruin your "custom" SQS setup. So im thinking 02M from a Golf IV V6 4Motion.

Regarding C2..

Send them an email, or call them. They have "custom" UK software. You need to ship the ECU to them.

For the Scandinavian cars, that I have been dealing with, runs super sweet.

(h) (h)

Stunning' date=' greta thread any idea of how much power your producing? @ 20psi

[/quote']

Never had it on the dyno, but the 440's green Bosch injectors maxed out at around 21 psi.

Dont need to mention that the car was super fast *-)

But the good thing, was that it drove totally like OEM. No missfiring, no nothing. Engine is running smooth, with no more oil concuption than before, and it is as quit as it was before. The hole car has 79200 miles on it, and a complete chain job was rebuild at 52800 miles.

Here is a sound off the car. Lisen to the DAMN loud Bosch 044 fuelpump:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/Maiden-VR6/?action=view&current=31julyVR6-T-1.flv

how much work is fitting the 02M gearbox??

Well' date=' it is alot of other things you need than just the gearbox. So yes, I asume its alot off work, and very expensive. But then again, you are sure it will hold for a good amount off time.

[/quote']

Got the idea of putting 4 wheel drive from a 4 motion in my MK3. Pimp Cat sent me this link with tells you how to mod the rear sycnro axal to fit a Haldex diff, And it also tells you how to mount the 02M gearbox with a bracket somone has made ($135), Involes cutting gearbox mounting cup off subframe, Adding braket to box, Getting engine/box in right place and welding gearbox mount back onto subframe. Drive shafts are custom, Unsure about gear selctor and clutch.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://dutchdub.com/images/Forumpics/hal2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread%3Fid%3D1891426&h=600&w=800&sz=149&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=d5fOSHeG0ZoewM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgolf%2B4motion%2Brear%2Bdiff%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DG

Building it as a 4Motion I guess can be alot off work. Im just thinking off fitting the 02M as a FWD.

Need, 02M clutch, flywheel, gearshift w/cables, 24V t/stat housing, the custom gearbox mount, 24V start engine and some other stuff. And off course some axels im not 100% sure off yet.

• 1 month later...

A small update.

I just bought a used 02A gearbox in ok condition. Gonna ship it to SQS Racing in Czech Republic.

They are gonna completely rebuild the 02A with new bearings/seals and syncro rings.

They are gonna throw in a forced five gear race kit with 5'th gear from a TDI.

SQS take care off shipping and everything. And im gonna send them a Peloquin LSD to install as well.

So I hope this will work well, since some 450-600whp Swedish VR6-T's are using this with no issues.

SQS gearkit: http://www.sqsracing.com/

SQSSDRkit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, quick update.

Tomorrow 09:00 my 02A box is to be shipped along to SQS with a new Peloquin for complete rebuild.

And I just bought a brand new Garrett GT35R A/R 82 Turbo.

So no more A/R 63, and no more power loss over 5000 rpm:)

The OZ rims is to get wider outer lips for the back wheels.

Let the summer come to me:)

Thanx Kev.

Its gonna be 10-20 psi if the C2 tune allows it all summer:) I must really say, I have never been so exited to a seasson like 2008 !

This is gonna be really great!

I cant stress enough the service that SQS has provided with fixing all shipment and everything.

Putting the new 02A in the car is gonna be super:)

Hehe.. The most important upgrade on a boosted VR engine, should be a LSD diff. The 02A holds up pretty good power, but when we are talking boost over 15 psi, the 02A stand no chance after awhile. I know all about it:) And I dont drive my car like a nut. So SQS is a good way to upgrade.

Ok, just came home after a 3 our drive. Just picked up my Garrett GT3582R. It was ordered from 034 Motorsport, by a Audi 2.2T tuner, but the turbo was to small for his aim at 750whp. So I got the brand new 35R for a good price.

BUT!!

Is this a A/R82? The exhaust port where you put the DP on, shows 63mm or 2.5"

The exhaust part sais: ATP h4...

Some pics

VWMinVR6Turbobilder015.jpg

VWMinVR6Turbobilder014.jpg

VWMinVR6Turbobilder017.jpg

VWMinVR6Turbobilder016.jpg

Looks like a T4 hot housing, thats gonna flow SO much better than the nasty 0.63 T3 housing. The A/R should be cast into the housing somewhere, is there any numbers in the mouth of the housing?

I cant think off the top of my head what A/R's the T4 housings are, I know the T3 ones are 0.63, 0.82 and 1.06.

The last car we dynoed had a 0.82 T3 housing on it, it made 480lbft, and gained over 300lbft in less than 600rpm, so the hot side is changing to a T3 1.06 now, to help spread the torque a little better and improve top end flow.

Looks like a T4 hot housing' date=' thats gonna flow SO much better than the nasty 0.63 T3 housing. The A/R should be cast into the housing somewhere, is there any numbers in the mouth of the housing?

I cant think off the top of my head what A/R's the T4 housings are, I know the T3 ones are 0.63, 0.82 and 1.06.

The last car we dynoed had a 0.82 T3 housing on it, it made 480lbft, and gained over 300lbft in less than 600rpm, so the hot side is changing to a T3 1.06 now, to help spread the torque a little better and improve top end flow.

[/quote']

Well, on the side off the hotside it says: ATP h4 on one side and 070307 on the other side. Production date number?