Center box with silencer or without?

Hi, Im looking to get my center box exhaust replaced as its blowing and very very rusty. Just looking at this website and it has Superspring centerbox with silencer at around £113 and without for around £45... whats the best to go for?

Will it sound really loud or quite nice without the silencer and does it make any difference to the powrer?

Cheers,

Dima

taking the silencer out will increase the volume. It depends on what existing pipe you have on as to how much more!

As with all exhaust mods it will effect the power.

To take it to an extreme if you put a 3inch pipe all the way through then you will feel the loss of low end grunt a fuel usage will increase around town. On the flip side when on the motorway you will gett better response and better fuel ecconomy.

So you should really tailor it to what you need and want! You do actually want an amount of pressure in the exhaust system. (not just negative pressure)

If you are serious about your system then talk to a made to measure company they can help you

http://www.longlife.co.uk/

these guys had a good technical help/support line when I spoke to them last year!

Well I have a stock one on there at the moment and the only exhaust mod is the stainless steel scorpion backbox. Im lookin to bring down fuel economy around town if possible... do like 18mpg at the moment = not good!

thanks