VR6Pete's Crashed VR6 Donation Thread

ouch !! good your ok . hopefully you will be reunited with your beast soon!! :)

out of interest , why a fiat?

ps . im rooting for it to all work out for you , im really sorry i couldent doante as i am really really skint right now apprentice pay aint too great :(

and take it easy matey . cyas at spring fest :)

Liam :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before stripping and scrapping Pete it would be an idea to get it checked over first as it may well still be repairable ;-)

Front ends are designed to crumple to absorb the Impact to make it less of an impact for those inside.

Although it may look really bad it might cost alot less than a new shell and a transplant ?

You gonna use that 64BHP at the Pod ? :-)

Mark.

cheap motoring innit lol. It works well for me and my job as I put over 13k on the clock since my new engine! 3 year warrenty etc... I just want a break from having to piss about fixing things all the time on the VR. so this just takes the stress out of it as it wont be my daily driver no more, plus i will be doing alot of travelling now im government security cleared for my job.

I still recon its wrote though. the passenger door had dropped, probably will be cheaper to transplant it into a new shell after the cost of 2 wings, bonnet, grill, bumper ,lights, and the rest... air bags aint cheap either. nor would be the respray as well as the rear footwell it needs and 2 new inner sills and back arch where someone ran into me.

I should get the car monday, but still going pod.

pete

I just want a break from having to piss about fixing things all the time

so you bought a FIAT!!???

i'm trying to donate to the cause pete but my paypal is being crap so will catch you at the pod on sunday. glad you are ok and made it further than the bm in the "shortest ring video" ever!!

Guest cabrioboy

pete mate got a steerin wheel and air bag off my golf and a steering rack with ur name on them, if u want them ill try and get them to the pod on sunday let me know yeah

cabrioman

So sorry to hear about your mota, Pete. I know how much effort and heartache has been involved during the build of that car, and also know how much the 'ring charge people who bend their armcos. Gutted doesn't even cover it.

Fair play to ya for putting such a brave face on things. I'd be crying my eyes out.

Anyway, it's good to hear all the running gear is salvagable and I'm sure you'll be plopping it into another car very soon. Find yourself a dirt cheap VR with a popped engine, a couple of weekends with the spanners and an engine hoist and it's job done!