Where to buy Methanol from? - Well here's the answer!

A above after a lot of searching and calling and popping in to the local Model shops etc.... I finally stumbled across the following company:

Anglo American Oil Company

3 Holly Close

Sandford

Wreham

BH20 7QE

www.aaoil.co.uk

Tel: 01929 551557

info@aaoil.co.uk

Speak to Shaun, Anders or Fred

The warehouse is at :

Anglo American Oil

Unit 45

Membury Airfield Industrial Est,

Hungerford

RG17 7TJ

Justin runs the depot on 07738 642 551

I have 25Litres of Methnol for a smidge over £50.... They can deliver and even next day!

It is well worth getting lost trying to find the actual warehouse as on the same estate is a rich mans toy garage. I have never seen so many old and rare Farraris - race types, F1 etc.. Le Mans Dytonna Oh hh Mannnn.... 3 men working on them each has their own "project" Swweeeetttt !! Garage had 10 in when I was there asking for ermmm directions

Might be worth trying to set up a discount structure Mr./Ms. Discount manager?????

Service was good and price is to - as it i direct.... Also like the fact that my tin has a ruddy great big Sunoco and that Iconic 76 symbol on it ;)

Hope it Helps

I've asked Shaun @ www.aaoil.com about a discount scheme. Here's the reply:

[blockquote]Hi Aswad.

Thanks for the feedback.

We would like to try and offer your club something, although this would be difficult on the methanol/race fuels as the margins on them are quite low already.

Savings could be made on freight though,if there was a group buy, as long as we can ship to one address. For example, if we shipped one 25 litre can of fuel say to a Norrthampton post code, the cost would be £20.70. If we were to send six 25 litre cans, the freight would be £49.93 and only £8.32 per can.

If you have visited our website, you will see we do a wide range of oils and lubricants. If these are of interest, we could offer a discount on these products.

Please let me know what you think. I’m out of the office tomorrow, but back next week after the Easter break.

Regards

Shaun Williams

Sunoco & R racing fuels

76 & Sunoco Lubricants

Anglo American Oil Company Ltd

3 Holly Close

Sandford

Wareham

Dorset, BH20 7QE

+44 (0)1929 555973( direct)

+44(0) 1929 551557( switchboard)

+44 (0)1929 551567 (fax)