3 little problems...

Just picked up my 5dr 96 VR6 today, I'm dead chuffed but there are a couple of probs, that you guys may be able to help me with.

1)Steering wheel, not quite on straight - how difficult is it to re-position this?

2)One of the rear electric windows isn't working, I can hear something happening but no action unfortunately.

3)The bulb(s?) behind the heater/fan controls are out - easy enough job to replace...?

Hope somebody may be able to help.

Cheers

1) Does the car drive in a straight line? If not I would suggest 4 wheel alignment. If its ok, the airbag needs to come off, so that you can unbolt the steering wheel to repostion it. My guess though would be that someone has done the tracking, but not adjusted it in the correct way to leave the wheel straight.

2) Suspect a broken regulator mechanism.

3) Fairly sure they are bulbs, but never seen it done to give you any info.

1)Yes, it drives in a straight line. Thinking about it, the garage who I bought it from did say that had to fit a new indicator stalk, I presume you have to take the steering wheel off for that, so maybe not put back straight - is the airbag difficult to get off?

2)Arg, I'll have to take the trim off then and have a good look.

3)I'll take a look at this too.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Cheers

Maak

Thanks folks, I'll take some pics as soon as I can, altough it's stock at the moment, except for an awful stereo! Going to book my car in for tracking/wheel allignment after all, as I think it may be pulling to the right slightly. Cheers.

Guest Anonymous�193.113.48.17

Just phoned a local VW dealership and they charge £60inc VAT, so I'm booked in next week! 8o). I phoned another VW garage after and they wanted £105 !

I won't be updating my alloys anytime soon so I'll going to have the allignment done now. Good point though.

Have found two more probs though, I have a coolant leak somewhere :( and maybe a small oil one (although it doesn't look like fresh oil TBH) Arg. I may have to ask VW to take a good look at her, and hope the coolant problem is just a clip somewhere. I'll check myself in more detail tomorrow.

arg, just got off the phone from VW and apparently my allignment is waaaaay out, going to take 2-4 hours labour to fix. Also, apparently my clutch is on it's way out and they haven't even looked at the coolant leak yet. Oh no, my credit card is going to take a bashing this month! :( Bit p1ssed off TBH.

• 1 month later...

i woke up this morning to low water light on fearing the worst opened her up main pipe had split lucky for me but phoned round only place that had them was vw and it cost £70 for it had to get it aswell as i was booked in at awsome me thinks i was ripped so i wouldnt let vw replace any pipes they will cost you an arm an a leg!! nice guys at awsome think that will be my garage from now on