Can anyone help? I had a 40mm GMac suspension kit fitted some month ago now by the Phirm and have noticed that the difference in the gap between the tyres and arches is different.

On the drivers side I can only get one finger in the gap and on the passenger side two fingers. Also the drivers side does rub a little occasionally. There is alsoa difference with the back.

Has it been fitted incorrectly or is it faulty?

Bit bizzare just been out to measure after having been out in it for lunch and from the arch to the top of the rim there is only about 5mm difference between each side and can get about a finger under each side so don't know what happened. Any one had this before or can shed some light?

By the way no it wasn't parked on a slant or slope before.

it could just be the way it was parked? even the slightest angle can cause a spring to compress a little more than the other side, the reason the drivers side sometimes touches is because VW build the cars with an extra 5-10mm clearance on the drivers side to allow for a single occupants (drivers) weight added to the car, aftermarket kits dont cater for this, i had to raise my drivers side coilover a tad due to this, that and im a big lump :)

I've got G-Max suspension on mine and I've had the same thing happen to me. It took me ages to figure out what was happening.

When you stop and apply the handbrake (to the back wheels) on a level suface, the car is held in that position. Once you get out of the car, it raises slighly but will be held at virtually the same height as it was with you sitting in the car. i.e. a bit lower on the drivers side, hence the difference in height. I think its more noticable with G-Max suspension, which is not as stiff as other makes which have less travel. I hope this makes sense. :S Just to be on the safe side, have a look at all four shocks and make sure they are not wet/leaking.

Kevin

it could just be the way it was parked? even the slightest angle can cause a spring to compress a little more than the other side' date=' the reason the drivers side sometimes touches is because VW build the cars with an extra 5-10mm clearance on the drivers side to allow for a single occupants (drivers) weight added to the car, aftermarket kits dont cater for this, i had to raise my drivers side coilover a tad due to this, that and im a big lump :)

[/quote']

I agree totally with this. You may think the ground is flat when in fact it's not. The gap between my tyres and wheel arches is always slightly different in different car parks which all "look" very flat. I wouldn't worry about it mate.