A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO JAKE (VRSICK)

I thought i'd write a quick note on here to say thank you to Jake. He rang me yesterday morning after hearing of my sump troubles and offered me a spare sump which he had stored at a friends yard not too far from me. I managed to get over there yesterday afternoon and retrieve it, an hour later I had it fitted to my VR. If it wasn't for Jake's kind gesture i'd not have my car to get me to work today. So once again I just wanted to let everyone know how kind and helpful he was.

Thank you mate, I owe you one! ;) (B) (B)

yeah nice one jake, i think now maybe would be a good time to look into getting a sump guard GB seriously organised!!!! i know its been done before and failed!!! but quite a few of us are sailing close to the wind on how low our cars are!!! i know my sumps had a few smacks!! as its peppered and lumpy finish bears testament to a few ferocious arguments with tarmac! and its not as low as some! it must of nearly cost greg the cost of one in oil just to get home? and had it been me with a 3 hour drive with leaking oil would have been a disaster!

Thanks for the support guys. The engine wasn't damaged in any way other than the sump. And when I say the oil poured out, i mean POURED out! it was like a tap on full! I'll show u a pic of the sump in a minute. I think a group buy of a sump guard would be a VERY good idea, mines is silly low at the moment, just how i like it!!! I had to remove the deeper splitter as it didnt stand a chance, it was on the floor!! lol. I managed to take a pic of my car after it'd been valeted and detailed : This is what she looks like! Note the smoothed bumpers and refurbed wheels!

P1010210.jpg

AAAAwww thanks guys! :$

Glad i could be of service.. U know its a dub' thang :)

Even though i'm sellin the syncro, it dont mean i'm leavin.. I'm lookin for a Vr based family car with a little more power than the sync, and spendin' a bit more time with the family.

Greg - the car's looking sweet. shame you couldn't make it but there are always other shows.. (spring festival)..

and..................

i need another new sump now. :-( on the way back from u-dubs i bashed mine on the motorway . . . had mot yesterday and guess what..... it's cracked...

GROUP BUY ON SUMPGUARDS??

count me in!!

I think Vinesh of Eurotek was offering up weichers ones at around £130, i know that american company do them too think its called ABTP racing or summink like that? i saw Vinesh at UD I knew i should of tapped him up!! i knew him well a few years back but aint spoke for a while, i dont mind doing a bit of ground work/research on this or helping someone else? vw dealers do one but its only for a diesel and dont fit the vr :S