Car polishing kit...

After reading up on the www.. and seeing pictures of other peoples cars, made a trip to Halfords and purchased the following:

1. Meguiars Smooth clay kit

2. Autoglym Super Resin Polish

3. Meguiars NXT tech wax

4. Meguairs terry towels

5. Meguiars applicator pads

Whole lot cost me £60 (misses wasn't happy!)... going to attack the motor tomorrow and get it ready for sunday for Ultimate Dubs - I will post pics up of progress.

Yes, the AutoGlym SRP isn't really a polish as such - it's a cleaner polish so part very, very mild polish but mostly last stage product like the Megs tech wax. (Yes it's always been mis-leading)

If you want a polish stage, take it back and swap it for a normal polish (even a mild one) then put the tech wax on after that.

It took me 3.5 hours this morning.. this is after a wash using AutoGlym car shampoo:

Aftawash.jpg

then got the clay out and gave it a good run - enough cr4p came of the motor and it left it nice and smooth..

Clayd.jpg

Then applied the resin - like u said didn't really do that much but I went ahead with it was shiney... the meguiars nxt stuff really made it look deep. The polish went on smooth and was easier to remove after it had been clayed..

Final.jpg

Pics don't do it justice.. so take a closer look tomorrow if your around at UD.

Moderator edit by: Antera309

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just resized the pics for ya.

I really rate Autoglym SRP. Buzzark is correct that it's actual polishing properties are limited - it's more of a glaze, but on paintwork that is in pretty good condition anyway, it produces a great shine with very little effort.