Superchip

High pressure fuel pump

Powerflow exhaust (monza style tailpipe)

K&N panel filter (was k&n cone but sucking to much heat)

17 inch RS4 /Audi TT rims

Polished and Ported

Fast Road Cams

Then a Remap

Early VR6 front spoiler

Lowered 35mm

Soon MK4 headlights

some pics are in the gallery

[ Edited ]

found out a few weeks ago that the guy who owned it before me owns his own performance garage hes done the work. spoke to him today and told him the rolling road results and found out its also been polished and ported and had fast road cams. never thought to ask for makes of pump or cams will have to call him back just well happy with results. he did not tell me before because he thought he would not be able to sell the car

[ Edited Tue Oct 14 2003, 10:24PM ]

Yes I have read it all. You cant have a Superchip and a remap, as you are chaging the same thing. It would be like having 2 steering wheels. There is only one chip, which drives the ECU, unless you have a piggyback chip, which are generally used when fitting auxilliary systems, ie Superchargers.

Mapping a 2.8 alone, will get you a max of 200bhp. cams and a flowed head might get you another 20, on a good day, depending what cams.

What cams are they?

i know what remapping is. the car was superchipped first then was remaped after all other mods were done to get the best out of the mods. the car performed no better with the new fuel pump until it was remapped. dont know what cams are in it keep meaning to call the previous owner to find out will do it this weekend

I'm not be funny, but I'm still not having it....

It's been mapped and its had a head job and cams, what management are you running?

You are very close to s/c power with 230bhp+, and as its been well documented, you have to be doing something special to get 230bhp+. Now is you said you had a VGI, things may look a little different....

Is the idle quite rough?

VW mapped the VR (2.8) that well, 200bhp is about the maximum you are going to get on OBD2. This is fact. (Exhaust, and filter will not get you a lot (if any) higher than this. I'd like to see a list of RR results for remapped OBD 2's to see if anyone has actually got a true 200bhp+

Should all join ClubVR6, which I used to be in, then we could do it!!

VW mapped the VR (2.8) that well' date=' 200bhp is about the maximum you are going to get on OBD2. This is fact. (Exhaust, and filter will not get you a lot (if any) higher than this. I'd like to see a list of RR results for remapped OBD 2's to see if anyone has actually got a true 200bhp+

Should all join ClubVR6, which I used to be in, then we could do it!![/quote']

Id be surprised if an exhaust, filter and remap would even get you 200bhp but remapping after more extensive engine mods is a different story though isn't it.... 231bhp is still surprising though ;)

I?ve always been of the opinion that the only way to get big power is with the help of a turbo or supercharger, friend of mine has a 1.8 t cupra chip and a few other choice mods but it really does go some, did kick his ars when it was standard though! :P

I'm not be funny' date=' but I'm still not having it....

It's been mapped and its had a head job and cams, what management are you running?

You are very close to s/c power with 230bhp+, and as its been well documented, you have to be doing something special to get 230bhp+. Now is you said you had a VGI, things may look a little different....

Is the idle quite rough?[/quote']

how would you describe rough as i've never had a car cammed myself so never experienced the difference, the rev counter needle does not stay still on tickover, moves 100 + or - 800 revs (between 700 and 900)

I find that VERY hard to believe. I've got a 2.9 with 268 cams' date=' turn2 pulley, schrick VGI, throttle body coolant bypass, cold air intake, chip and that's only putting out 207BHP. has it got bigger valves?[/quote']

yeah, but i bet you've got a shed loads of torque?