Can anyone identify this Golf Mk3 front grille?

Nickbee!

I had the same shock this weekend when I saw another VR6 parked up in High Wycombe with the same 17" Antera 309s as me.

So that's three of them then (unless the silver VR6 I saw was yours!)

They look damn cool though. Got any pictures of your car?

Nick.

Oh, by the way, I found out about the grille on another forum. It's a Kamei grille cover that fits over the existing 2-slat grille on a GTI or VR6.

Only one UK supplier on the web. At:

http://www.impossible-performance.cwc.net/mk3_grilles.htm

it's £50. Probably another £40 or so to get it sprayed & fitted.

It doesn't look that great in the picture, but I've seen it on an actual car and it looks great IMO. One of the few grille conversions that allows you to keep the VW badge. OK, OK I know debadging has always been the trend with veedubs, but I like my badge.

Nick

No, mine is silver but definitely wasn't in High Wycombe. Mate, it gets worse. I was walking down Cheapside last night and there was a blue mk3 with... Antera 309s. So unless you were in Cheapside that's four! 24 hours ago I thought mine was the only one, now I'm thinking I should start a club.

Click here and have a look in the 'dubs' section. You should be able to spot mine!!!

[ Edited Thu Jan 08 2004, 09:36AM ]

Your motor looks well clean, mate. The Anteras look good with the silver. Nice one!

The one I saw in Wycombe was a 3dr and mine is Gunmetal Grey, so that's four confirmed. Darn.

Still happy with my choice though. It was between the Anteras and a set of Mk4 R32 replicas, and LOADS of people have got those now.

Still, I've never seen that Kamei grille on a modded Mk3. The order goes in tomorrow. Will post pics when it's fitted.