gonna be fitting the 288mm setup to my 94 vr replacing the calipers carriers etc from the old 280mm setup. does anybody have any advice on fitting them ie bleeding them up once there on the car? also am i goin to have to replace the flexi hoses?

cheers

cant remember which side the master cyclinder is on when looking into the bonnet... i.e if it on the left (drivers side) then start to bleed the rear passenger first, then rear driver side, then front passenger and last front drivers side...

gonna be fitting the 288mm setup to my 94 vr replacing the calipers carriers etc from the old 280mm setup. does anybody have any advice on fitting them ie bleeding them up once there on the car? also am i goin to have to replace the flexi hoses?

cheers

You have to replace the hoses, as they're a different fitting on the bigger calipers. I did this conversion a while ago on my VR6. I struggled to get the hose off the fiting under the wing, as it was fairly rusted on.I bought a special brake hose spanner for the job. Can get these from Halfords.

Good luck.

John

just soak everythin in wd40 a couple of days before and again before startin work too, and if you know of anyone local who has a pipe flaring tool keep theyre number handy just in case you have to cut the copper pipe off to get the old hoses out!!