how much ?

hi , im possibly going to sell my vr6 golf and was wondering how much it was worth? its a 93 windsor blue 3 door, totally standard in appearance,140k but i had a full rebuild in 2003 at awesome to 2.9 litres.it has had all subsequent work carried out at awesome, engine mounts, axle bushes, brakes, heater matrix, water pump, cv joints, oil changes, etc, its also got a vw related reg plate, its been well looked after. I have some interest from lad who doesnt know much about vw's . but im not sure how much its worth.if another young lad can get as much of a buzz out of it as my brother and i have had over the past 7 years id be really happy.

Thanks very much chaps! the reason i /we kept it standard was because back when we got her, nobody we knew had one, and it just felt right to try an keep it real and take great care of it.Had a few initial problems with split hoses and a suspected head gasket problem which was the water pump! smith knight fay in hyde took care of it all. Im big on standard, and when i had the engine rebuilt to 2.9 it was fantastic because the car looked bog standard! and i really didnt see the point in ruining it, very pleased with the results.Did come close to getting a cai kit but have you seen the rain in manchester!!!!!

Thanks very much chaps! the reason i /we kept it standard was because back when we got her' date=' nobody we knew had one, and it just felt right to try an keep it real and take great care of it.Had a few initial problems with split hoses and a suspected head gasket problem which was the water pump! smith knight fay in hyde took care of it all. Im big on standard, and when i had the engine rebuilt to 2.9 it was fantastic because the car looked bog standard! and i really didnt see the point in ruining it, very pleased with the results.Did come close to getting a cai kit but have you seen the rain in manchester!!!!!

[/quote']

really dont see how modifying your car is ruining it mate, i mean if the right mods are done, like i have 17in bbs on mine now and lowered looks way better, the standard suspension on vr6s is poor and way to high

chav rims and lexus lightsis ruining it!

yeah, get your drift! you see some shite examples out there, to be honest it took most of my resources up repairing it and keeping it going, big rims dont really interest me any more, terrible road surfaces in manchester saw off my 17" rims on my old audi some years ago, and the noise the engine makes was more than adequate for me, i suppose i just never got round to doing the lowered suspension thing and the exhaust. still absolutely, thoroughly enjoyed the vr in its standard guise.Good luck to the modders, there are some beautiful cars on here, each to there own i suppose.