Audi A3 Handles MK3 Golf...

Strongly thinking about picking me up an A3 handle kit for my Highline...

I have seen the kits for about £130 now. Seen a few cars with them and they just finish off the smooth lines that I am aiming for.

How easy are these to fit ?

Is it just a weld in plate? Much cutting of the door required ?

How about the linkages inside ? Any problems I should be on the look out for whilst doing it ?

Thanks for the help guys.

Mark.

Great minds think alike mate ;) I've been thinking about the same thing for mine except I got 2 extra doors to have done. Sparkz has got Audi handles on his Mk2. Definately a job for a competant bodyshop. I've seen them on a few dubs that aren't straight and its not a good look. :o I'm sure it would be a case of cutting out a plate around the old handles and welding the new ones in place. There may have to be some "alterations" to the linkage so that everything does what it should. Interested to see the end result tho ;)

Kevin

P.S.

Sparkz, how did they do yours?

I dont believe in these 'weld in plate replica's' which are available. I have heard that they dont fit properly or work properly once they have been welded into place due to the metal that they use (distorted once heated up, etc) I used 2 rear door handles off an audi a4 from a scrapyard. Paid £20 each per rear door, took off all the linkages, etc, and cut a big square out of each door with an angle grinder. Then i gave it to my sprayer to work his magic!!

Do you cut the handles from the doors ?

How far round do you cut ? How much of a plate do you need to be welded?

Linkages need to be modified or completely remade ?

I will have to find a scrappy that deals with public also as most round my area only deal with trade :-( And it's the A4 that is best ?

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mark.

I cut the handles from the doors, plus about 3" square around the handle as well. that way you get to use the existing linkages, etc. For my Mk2, i used audi a4 handles, due to the square look, whereas for your car mark, you will need to get doors off an audi a3 or a6 iirc. HTH ;)

I fit audi 80 handles to my mk2, same as sparkz (scrap yard job)

Put a de-locked one in the passenger side and on the side of caution, fitted one with a lock to the drivers! Right pain in the arse to do, had to make me own rods to fit, mass case of trial and error! Looked good in the end tho ; )

A3 ones suit the mk3 tho imo.

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1168296637_1524_FT151241_picture_207.jpg]1168296637_1524_FT151241_picture_207_.jpg[/lightbox]

• 6 years later...