Subaru - as above

C36 AMG - limited to 155mph but auto only

C46 AMG - as above but faster!

Mitsi Evo?

Tuned 200SX

Skyline?

Twin Turbo RX7

Must be loads more cars under £10k you could get

surely that geezer that appeared on here with a rover 200 turbo might still have it for sale???.....some nice cars mentioned above but come on....Rissan PRULSAR..your having a laugh! thats a micra wiv an ironing board on the roof and a horrid interior! awfull just awfulll.... get an M3, build speed and looks

The thing is though unless you put your car against those in the list,your never going to really know.

Driving conditions?

Who's driving it?

Round bends?

Straight line?

How do you get a true figure?

You know you cant go by figures that are down on paper.

The vr is very underestimated car.

A beast ready to be unleashed 8o|

I think he's looking to buy something different rather than trying to prove what a charged VR is quicker than ;)

Really it depends on why you're wanting to change? Is the VR too slow' date=' too old, too dirty etc?

[/quote']

I get where your coming from,but the equivalent means something different but with the power of the charged vr if not quicker.

I dont drive,i dont know what mk3anni thinks but i could'nt get into a standard car,not when you have been so used to the power a charged vr kicks out :-p .

Just my opinion not slagging standard vr's off just saying from a charged vr point.

I'm looking at the S3 if i'm honest. Nothing else really interests me. I'm not after the top end power now that the charger gives' date=' I think the midrange punch from a turbo is much more useful day to day, and I love the look of them!!!

[/quote']

s3s do indeed look the nuts tbh itd be between a modded 200sx (rwd fun) or a modded s3 (newer and classier) a modded s4/rs4 (the 2.8 biturbo) used to be my favourite semi realistic motor until i spent a bit of time on rs246 forum and found out how many expensive little niggles they have i much prefer displacement + fi rather than small displacement running high boost

surely that geezer that appeared on here with a rover 200 turbo might still have it for sale???.....some nice cars mentioned above but come on....Rissan PRULSAR..your having a laugh! thats a micra wiv an ironing board on the roof and a horrid interior! awfull just awfulll.... get an M3' date=' build speed and looks

[/quote']

may well be but it's a much faster, better handling car than the vr golf ever was or ever will be..........just built for a different purpose!

rover 200 turbo's have and always will have choclate pistons, anything above 250bhp, and the spit gearbox's as well.

200 sx's well ive had 4 of these, so i feel i can comment with some degree of accuracy.

top car when you sort the handling 280-320bhp , costs not alot, if you no where to get the bits from, s13 and s14/a are totally different as one has the ca18det and the other the sr20det, so different to tune, but the same money on both produces similar effects.

good ones are now hard to find , as the drift phenomemum, has pushed up the prices of complete shitters.

still a good car for the money and easily tunable.

pulsars are also not that bad , but the gearbox is the weak link, they also run a ball bearing t28 as standard so good for a bit more boost than the t28 on the s14.

or for sub 10k, why not get a r32, good engine (400bhp), good box , good car.

my two pence

Give it a couple of years and you'l be able to get a nice MK4 R32 for under 10k.i've looked at all the other options as i was considering a change and TBH i couldn't find anything that was quite as cool as a golf.

I always go through fazes of thinking about getting shot of the VR but i've still got it .lol.