Eninge cuts out when under load or coasting, gives me whiplash!

I have a 2.9 corrado with coil pack.

I have a problem that sometimes when setting off from junctions or driving along and the car is under load, when i put my foot down, the engine dies, completely and suddenly, it has no power and the engine stops, car still rolls tho under gravity, and then suddenly, the engine will cut back in and run like normal, altho it gives me whiplash! Once i did pull over and the engine just reved up and down to near stalling point, then caught itself and came back then nearly cut out again, i pressed the throttle but that didnt help or change it doing what it was doing.

Does anybody have any idea what it might be?

Neil

I had similar running problems to what you are describing. I had the codes checked and it was pointing to the MAF (£70 from GSF). I had it changed and it ran well for a month or two. It then started kangarooing / stalling at idle to the point I couldn't drive it. This time the MAF came up as a code again. It turned out to be a corroded / partially broken wire on the plug that goes into the MAF. I repaired the plug and the car now runs great. I guess the wire was weak and having the MAF changed made matters worse. So... check your wires. Mine was broken at the base of the wire where it goes into the plug