DIY turbo guide

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started my turbo install this week, during the evenings. Turbos are starting to become more popular now, especially as the dollar is so weak at the moment. It would be rude not to capitalise on tha

you should be able to get 4" all the way, thats how its is on mine, but then that how markies done his 4" down to 3" back up

liking the look of this thread. im not realy a mechanic but have a technical background do believe i would be able to carry the fitment of a turbo myself??

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I very nearly strayed from VWs but in the end it's better the devil you know :)

Keep looking at HPA/HGP turbo kits, mmmmmm.....

Hi fishwick just read your build start to finish.. Brill... Love some of the ideas you put into action. I don't think I could have brought myself to part with it.. Are you still building projects? Or doing anything interesting at the mo?

• 1 month later...

Hi fishwick just read your build start to finish.. Brill... Love some of the ideas you put into action. I don't think I could have brought myself to part with it.. Are you still building projects? Or doing anything interesting at the mo?

Thanks mate.  No projects since I moved out my house a few years ago.  There's no garage where I live now unfortunately.

At the moment I just have a Golf GTI Edition 30, which is standard apart from a Stealth Racing remap, so running around 340hp.

As nice and effortless as it is, it's no VR6 Turbo and I do miss it sometimes!

• 4 years later...