Post your rolling road results here!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://youtu.be/sLM4Rey0WPg T04E 57trim P turbine wheel .81 housing Eip turbo manifold Flipside customs intake manifold Autotech 262s Bosch 044 with home made surge tank, stock in tank pump Mustang co

mine made 365.2bhp 302 tq mk3 vr6 rotrex c30 94  yesterday at stealth racing good job

I managed to get at the flywheel 188BHP 197lb ft from my 2.9 corrado, with only a pipercross filter (in the standard air box) and a miltek exhaust system, has done 105miles. very impressed with the t

Posted Images

Car:

Golf mk3 Highline 2931cc 12v VR6 engine (OBD2), car 124,000 miles, engine 6,500 miles

Mods:

83mm JE forged pistons, standard compression.

Scat Forged connection rods.

Rotrex C30-94 with 70mm pulley.

Stainless steel decompression plate 8.7:1.

Doherty Racing 268 Cams.

Aquamist 1S 50/50 Methanol/Water 0.7 jet.

Dubpower 6-branch stainless exhaust manifold and full system with CAT bypass.

520cc injectors.

PWR charge cooler.

Pace pre-rad and brushless pump.

10.8mm silicone HT leads.

Emerald ECU mapped by Storm developments.

Balanced crank.

Lightened and balanced Flywheel.

SPEC 3+ cerametallic clutch.

Forge dump valve with 30PSI spring.

3 bar Weber MAP sensor.

Figures:

Power: 277.9BHP @ 3941RPM @ the wheels

Power: 370.5BHP @ 3941RPM @ the flywheel

Max Torque: 370lb-ft @ 3941RPM

Max figures exceeded the rolling roads capability!

The problem I had is that the rollers would only read to 370 for both power and torque and that occured at 3941 RPM the torque is wrong for sure though, although it will be very high because the way the charger works.It is running 20PSI but is impossible to confirm because there is so much else to think about!!

I rebuilt the engine with only the very best components, ARP bolts throughout, Forged rods and pistons, everything has been balanced as an assembly and the flywheel is less than 4 kilos. Basically it should be bullet proof, but only time will tell! Andy and Miles at Storm Developments are two of the most knowledgable guys I have come across in the VW scene. I would recommend them to anyone who wants the very best.

The choice between turbo or supercharger was very simple for me. The delivery is similar but with the Rotrex there is loads of power low down and the power curve gets steeper as the revs increase as can be seen from my graph above. Believe it or not the setup could produce a further 20-30 more horsepower but longevity and reliability would suffer, besides there is more than enough power at the moment.

You can buy from Rotrex direct but the bracket and idler set up is produced by Storm Developments.

As for cost I have not totalled it up yet but you will certainly get more power from a Rotrex than any other form of tuning.

As for maximum power, who knows, if you imagine a line continuing on up to 7000ish you are looking at 450 easily maybe even 480 but that is just theory. When I have the next available chance to get it on some rollers I will see what the powers like.

I took it 6800 pulling away from a Porsche 996 Turbo today and it is terrifying and out of control.

No idea on quarter mile but it goes to 100 MPH like it did to 60 MPH with a Vortech.

It sounds incredible on full chat but quite normal whilst cruising at 70 MPH. The great thing about the car is that you can still drive it around town like a standard VR, the clutch takes a bit of getting used to but it is essential.

Very impressive. It must be ballistic on the road. 20psi with a turbo gives a bit over 400whp normally, so you're on track to make similar numbers.

That's what I like about the Rotrex, it gives you the low end punch Superchargers are normally noted for, unlike the Vortech which does nothing useful below 3500rpm.

• 1 month later...

People should post where the figures are from also... Stealth for instance has a bit of a reputation for being wildly optimistic!

2.8 12v OBD1 in Mk2 Golf

3.9 Final Drive

2.9 throttle body + K&N

Schrick 268 cams

Done at Surrey RR:

207bhp @ 6100rpm

205 ftlb @ 4300rpm

• 3 weeks later...

My car has done

0.6 bar 325bhp 436nm torque

0.8bar 340bhp

1.2bar 387bhp 495nm

1.3bar 407bhp 553nm

After being on dyno for over an hour with everything very hot and s##t fans !

Would of done more boost but plug leads arcing out !

Interesting to know what your running. spec of motor would help

My car has done

0.6 bar 325bhp 436nm torque

0.8bar 340bhp

1.2bar 387bhp 495nm

1.3bar 407bhp 553nm

After being on dyno for over an hour with everything very hot and s##t fans !

Would of done more boost but plug leads arcing out !

Interesting to know what your running. spec of motor would help

Have a look at my profile it has most of my engine spec there !

People should post where the figures are from also... Stealth for instance has a bit of a reputation for being wildly optimistic!

First time I've heard that! Vince is one of the most honest dyno operators I know and his rollers consistently give standard outputs on standard engines, except over winter where cold air improves the power a little, even on stock motors.

All rolling roads are optimistic since the output at the flywheel has to be calculated and the levels of optimism always boil down to the operator's creative calculating and the owner's expectations / beliefs. People down on power always say the rolling road is inaccurate.

Quoting measured, not corrected, wheel hp figures would remove any doubt.

• 4 weeks later...

I made 207 at the fly on the rollers at storm earlier this year. which is consistant with the year before at tsr and just a fw months ago at pete baldwins rr just outside cambridge they were all within 5 hp of each other.

heres the print out from storm.

graph.jpg

The only mods are a full miltec ss exhaust and magnex cat resonator bypass and a fuel pressure reg modded to 4.5bar. oh and its over 150k too.

and heres a vid of it happening

th_guys.jpg