VR6OC Rolling Road Day Sat 25th November

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

graham, sam, me and hopefully dan are comin up from south..

Sam may well bring his new toy... I best fit my water injection to give him a run for his yeng!

Graham prob wont run his car but is hopefully comin up or the social :)

any1 from Tidy fancy comin up and joinin in the cruuuz?

I was going to change my mind and put my name down.....until I saw where this was.

Who decided to hold it in such a stupid place??? I was under the impression that the next one would be more central so that more people would attend, not in a location thats convenient to some of the OC staff.

I was going to change my mind and put my name down.....until I saw where this was.

Who decided to hold it in such a stupid place??? I was under the impression that the next one would be more central so that more people would attend' date=' not in a location thats convenient to some of the OC staff.

[/quote']

whinge whinge whinge

At the end of the day this rolling road had a good reputation and has the added advantage of being able to run 2wd and 4wd cars.

theres no pleasing some people....

Who decided to hold it in such a stupid place??? I was under the impression that the next one would be more central so that more people would attend' date=' not in a location thats convenient to some of the OC staff.

[/quote']

whinge whinge whinge

At the end of the day this rolling road had a good reputation and has the added advantage of being able to run 2wd and 4wd cars.

theres no pleasing some people....

Thats look at this objectively.

There are plenty of rolling roads in this country that can handle 4wd cars and have a perfectly good reputation. There also in a much more central location than the one you've chosen.

For example:

http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk Central South

http://www.amdtechnik.com Centralish Middleish

http://www.chiptek-uk.com Central Midlands

I resent the idea that we should drive to the welsh border because its convenient for some of the VR6OC staff.

I'd say Steve you've got about 115 120 miles to come from where you are,surely it wont take you that long the way you drive in that rocket ship of yours ;) i'm doing 90 odd miles to get there.

We need more s/c on the rollers. :)

Now dont be a party pooper :-p 8-| you know you want to come really.

Instead of being so negative Steve, why didnt you actually channel some of that whinge power into being more constructive....

Noone bothered to organise this so i went ahead and sorted it, not conveniently for myself as im sure you may well have done, but because i thought we needed to get one booked as its been a long time since the last one. I booked this one because they had a 2WD/ 4WD rolling road, the premises look really professional, and they were also descibed as being good by the garage i use for my car (and these guys race 5 VW Cup cars).

Its a bit frutrating when Claire, myself and the team put in so much effort only for you to make some flippant comments which seem to try an undermine the whole thing.

There are people coming further than you mate, and they are up for it- simple reason is for a good day out with our passion that is all things Dub.

Anyhow, im really looking forward to it for many reasons; meeting new people, seeing the cars perform on the rollers, and meeting the cracking lot of people i met at edition 38 and on the 'ring trip.

Next RR day another location can be picked! Dont think anyone will have a problem with that- i for one like a road trip!

To be honest, half the fun with these events is the drive to and from in my Vr, meeting people 'on route', and generally gettin a group of vr's together before makin one hell of a noisy entrance! Thats why i dont mind driving anywhere, and why these things are so popular..

Get that clutch fitted steve and i'll drive all the way up to the m25 and then back across country if needs be :) I dont care, my car is for driving!

OK OK

Put my name down. I'll try and get the car sorted before the day in question.

Following on from previous experiences of RR days the committee has decided to ask people to make a £5 deposit to guarantee their place on the rolling road day.

This payment is fully refundable on the day of the Rolling Road.

Payment can be made via two ways

Paypal Payment sent to events@vr6oc.com

Or

Post dated Cheque for the 25th November made payable to Mr Pete Leese and sent to

The VR6 Owners Club

PO BOX 1132

Winscombe

BS25 5WZ

With either payment please include your Full name and Forum name.

Anybody who does not make this payment within one week of the event will automatically be removed from the list.

If there are low numbers of payments one week before the event the RR day will be cancelled.

On the day when you turn up if you have paid by Paypal you will be refunded £5 cash and if you paid via cheque your cheque will be returned to you.

If you do not turn up your money will be banked into the VR6 Owners Club Account and no refund will be given.

We hope this does not inconvenience anyone but I’m sure you understand why we have had to do this.

Peeps we need more deposits please

The day will be cancelled if deposits aren't in also if you have not paid a deposit you will not be going on the rollers if you just turn up on thew day - thats only fair to all the people who have made the effort to send the money in