hi all, picked this up at ed38 over the weekend. apparently the book says a total of 4 hours on and off, so how hard is it to diy fit this, are there any guides anywhere, and can it be done in less than 4 hours assuming no problems.

cheers jim

I take it ur talking about a 6 branch exhaust manifold.

If so your biggest problem is going to be getting the old exhaust manifolds off, due to the heat the nuts could be seized and worst case you could end up shearing a stud :-(

I had the luxury of doing mine with the engine out and used a grinder on a few of the nuts.

I ran a drill through the bolting holes on the new manifold to clean them up can't remember what size, fitted all new studs and gently persuaded some of the studs to line up with a hammer ;-), this was all off the car which made life very easy when i fitted it :-)

Good luck ;-)

I had an ashley 6-2-1 manifold fitted earlier this year and had had my old crappy 6-2-1 manifold off several times to be rewelded. But, the problem came when putting the new manifold on because, as mentioned above, the exhaust stubs on the head kept breaking when being tightened up.

What should have been 4 hours, took 9.

Hope this is of some help.

D.