Hi there.

Been a member here for a year or so but am pretty quiet. just read stuff mostly because I don't know much. But i've got a question that maybe someone can help me with.

I have a reconditioned VR6 engine that is totally in bits. I had the head and bottom end done earlier this year and was gonna get the engine put in my car but i need someone to rebuild the engine for me. I was going to do it myself as I took it to bits but with serious lack of time and an even more serious lack of knowledge(!) i'm trying to find someone who would come recommended to do this work, then i will get my usual garage to fit it for me.

Does anyone here have any contacts in the manchester/northwest area?

Any help would be great.

My car is a 1997 VR6 Highline.

Dave.

i have used a place in warrington before now they do engine machining and rebuilding for porsches aston martins cosworths etc a very respectable company too. give em a ring on 01925 851166 they should be able to help you bud!

oh yeah they are called Headshop uk.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear no. I got someone to do all that stuff already. Bottom-end reconned fully, new rings and shells. No regrind of crank needed! And head done, new valve stem seals etc

Now just need it rebuilding properly. Enjoyed taking it to bits but that's as far as my tiny skill level could go.

Thx for info, rung headshop but guy was out on a job and not rung me back yet. Will try em again mon.

Cheers

Dave.